Hell hath no Fury.PK 652.XXXXXFinishedXXXX

Hi folk's I had a cuppa and a think earlier about what I wanted to do for the rest of the GB,left unattended I

probably would double the number of builds in the GB and further deplete the remaining stocks of kits

available! So with the Voodoo,Lynx and Stuka still to do it was time to call a halt and think,so having and still

really enjoying the Skyraider kit I thought right lets have another crack at the Fury which I bought and never

finished.Picked up for £14:99 from KK who sadly I've neglected recently and deserve more business from me.

• Like 3

Great stuff Steve

I've bought quite a few items from KK over the years, and have always been really pleased with the outcome.

Really appreciate the support and enthusiasm you bring to all the GBs you take part in.

Best of luck 

cheers Pat  

• Like 2

On 1/29/2022 at 9:54 PM, stevej60 said:

Cheer's Pat and I appreciate the goading you and Dave usually give me to go nuts!

Now, that's funny and its great to hear that these types of GB's seem to knock off about 40 years off our lives! 

Good call on another NA Fury, it seems to be a popular choice which does surprise me a little, however I'm really happy these kits are seeing the light of day. 

Cheers, welcome aboard and best of luck.. Dave  

• Like 1

In my unbiased opinion you have made a wise choice of subject. That's four now maybe a squadron by the end of the GB? You can keep @Marklo company he's already using paint! I'm not even gluing yet..

On 1/31/2022 at 12:27 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

Good call on another NA Fury, it seems to be a popular choice which does surprise me a little, however I'm really happy these kits are seeing the light of day. 

Considering how long it's been since it was available I am too. The good news is that the Aires cockpit is very little work to fit and the kit needs help. Although basic tailplanes aside it is a very good kit and likely easier to get a good result than the HB/Trumpy attempt.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

can keep @Marklo company he's already using paint! I'm not even gluing ye

In fairness it’s just a rattlecan to check the joints. I still have a lot of scribing to do…

resized_d6a87117-254e-4f61-a08e-d18733dc

if it weren’t for my near total disregard for accuracy of the interior detail I’d still be working on the office :) 

• Haha 2

On 1/29/2022 at 10:09 AM, stevej60 said:

Picked up for £14:99 from KK who sadly I've neglected recently and deserve more business from me.

It's OK Steve, I've been taking up the slack :winkgrin:

On 1/31/2022 at 12:27 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

these types of GB's seem to knock off about 40 years off our lives! 

Now that's scary - worse than smoking then!

Cheers

3 hours ago, CliffB said:

It's OK Steve, I've been taking up the slack

Good to hear Cliff must be twenty plus years now and never been let down I love to just browse the pages with a cuppa sometime's,

funny but the Lightning that arrived with this one was one of the worst tatty boxes I've ever recieved but the kit and contents were perfect

so no points lost!

• Like 2

Kingkit are brilliant, it makes me laugh when I  see some of the eBay prices, while KK keep to far more realistic ones, their service is brilliant.

Just last week I wanted to buy a kit which had a couple of contents variations but kept the same box, and they were good enough to inspect the contents while I was on the phone.

Postage is nice and quick and well boxed aswel.

Their stock changes all the time, so alway worth browsing.

Anyhow, looking forward to seeing this FJ, coming together, another of those larger 'blank canvass' and unusual subject kits that Matchbox gave us.

• Like 2

Got to agree with both of you about KK. One kit arrived without transparencies and they sent replacements the same day, no quibbles. It is quite amusing to see bay prices and compare to KK, especially when the bay seller keeps relisting at the same price.

Who cares about the box? It's just a thing to hold the parts together after all. James May had the right idea when he brought a rare boxed Hornby car transporter, threw the package away and put it on his railway layout.  

• Like 3

Morning folk's,I wasn't going to make a start on this yet but waiting for the A10's engines to set properly and parts of the Voodoo I

started the Cockpit.As I had a spare seat from Trumpeter's kit it was silly not to use it so a little surgery and it's in,I thought the pilot

would like a control stick as Matchbox don't supply one.Noseweight being sought then I can join the fuselage up I think I'll go for the

folded wing option.

20220207_094557

• Like 6

Morning folk's,suitable noseweight added and fuselage dried overnight.Bit of scratchbuilding needed on the cockpit ahead of the IP

it's just to big a space to leave as intended by MB,great fit so far especially the front intake which can be a problem on Sabre/Fury

kits.

20220208_103655

• Like 4

Hi folk's good progress so far with no major issues I like Matchbox's approach to the foling wingtips they can lift off when needed

20220209_164102

Leaving the tank's and u/c to dry for a few day's decided to deploy the arrestor gear so the doors fitted in the open position.

20220209_171550

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Looks like a fairly neat overall package there Steve with those clear and shiny photos indicating a nice build so far. Great progress. 
Cheers.. Dave 

Thank's Dave,going well so far.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 9:51 AM, 71chally said:

Kingkit are brilliant, it makes me laugh when I  see some of the eBay prices, while KK keep to far more realistic ones, their service is brilliant.

I can’t but agree it is where my fury came from, although I favour their scrapyard where even better bargains can be had.

Most recently I got a 1/24 Dr1 ( can’t figure out what’s missing) a 1/48 super sabre missing one fin ( easy to fix will resin cast from the other one) and a 1/48 P47 ( missing the under sides of the wings, not a biggie will scratch a replacement) for less than 50€ including postage.

Your Fury is coming in nicely. Are you going to keep the raised panel lines or rescribe it? Of course I ask this from the point of smugness of having endured that ordeal :) 

Edited by Marklo

9 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Your Fury is coming in nicely. Are you going to keep the raised panel lines or rescribe it?

Leaving as she is Marklo,I've neither the skill or patience for that task!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Steve

Any progress on this one since we last heard from you ?

Cheers Pat

Hi Pat,none but as the dry weather is nearly upon us I can get her sprayed outdoor's to move her on.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folk's time to crack on with this one,we're about ready for primer.One thing stalling this kit was the fact I managed to spill glue into the front wheel well

which gave it a horrible uneven finish,as it's way too shallow anyway I thought it couldn't do harm to add strips to give it a better look and even thing's out.

20220410_194016

20220410_194039

• Like 7

Honestly Steve, I don’t know how you do this much modelling and all so very well. I’d give certain body parts away to build this quick - this Fury is looking really lovely.

Cheers.. Dave 

• Haha 1

Afternoon folk's taking full advantage of a nice dry day it was outside with a rattle can and the undersides and relevant upper's were given a few coat's.

20220419_175501

• Like 4

Hi folk's,put the 109 to one side for a couple of days and masked up the upper surfaces for the Gull gray(well my mix of it anyway),pleased with the results so far

a little touch up here and there then I can fix the tailplanes and wingtips properly into place.

20220421_104805

20220421_104817

• Like 5

Hi folk's thought I'd stick with the original decals even though they're not great so the four biggest applied after glossing and the silver leading edges were 

masked and painted.

20220423_130030

• Like 3