Mosquito fb MK.VI

Hewy

Hi all , Etch added ,Nacelles done, I'm not going ott on detailing 

IKuaR5b.jpeg

DOsy6VY.jpeg

Mostly assembled,  the parts with the brass barrels will be done next, i didn't want to either knock them off or blast them with too much paint,

In the mean time  i built up the props and painted them,and painted the lg and kit wheels, 

i found out when trying to mask the canopy I'd  got the wrong mask set , that, and the fact I've  been out today to replenish my ww2 raf paints, after which i had a go at the undersides while i wait for the mask set to arrive , things went really well ,untill right at the end while applying some highlights a spill occurred on the fuselage stripes, phhhrhphh, but I'm  happy with the days takings, it should be an easy fix,

Also like a clumsy oaf i glued on the bomb mounts before paint, making it very difficult to mask, I'll  tidy that up with the fuselage stripes,

Cheers 

Glynn

zxwV23G.jpeg

• Like 14

19 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

That is some very nice work mate.

Lovely smooth paint and I am sure you will be able to sort out that spill on the fuselage stripes.

Thanks pal,  the geometry was the hardest bit, so a light wet sand with 1500 should leave enough of the previous stripes to follow for a remask , totally over the moon with how the paint went down ,a new mix for me ,tamiya paint , mixed mainly with ipa and a tiny dash of mr hobby rapid drying laquer  thinner ,less smell than full on laquer mix and works an absolute treat,should be able to get the topside mainly done over the weekend ,

Picked up a revell halifax from mikes today, seen it a few times but thought it might come in handy one day, so it accompanied me home 🤗

• Like 3

Hi Glynn, that is some outstanding paintwork, I'm no aircraft modeller but your pale grey underside has to be amongst the best I've seen. 

Still loving those wheels too btw!

Cheers

Darryl 

6 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

grey underside has to be amongst the best I've seen. 

Still loving those wheels too

Theres no better than medium sea grey (and maybe a smidgion of white) and invasion stripes, a proper combination👍 cheers darryl

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Great paint work Glynn

Thanks H, glad you like it pal ,no pics yes but I've finally got the canopy masked in and   roughed the green on the top,and I'm  in the process of masking that to finish off with the msg, plus other touch ups to the stripes 👍

• Like 2

On 2/6/2022 at 6:46 AM, Hewy said:

Thanks , much appreciated , although i was a bit disappointed that the eduard cockpit etch set didn't include any pe for the transmitter and receiver ,

I've  done a bit more today in readiness for getting it all together

First off I've  got the cockpit installed 

svQzFj7.jpeg

And closed up the fuselage halfs not much of this will ever be seen again , and I'm  in the process of sorting the seams

sBQjBjX.jpeg

Got the pe mudgaurds on the gear, and I've  cut off the axle and drilled it out so i can put the wheels on after 

SwadWlX.jpeg

55IB46Y.jpeg

Unfortunately the bulged resin wheels i have for this kit don't  even nearly fit , they're too wide once built up so I'll  have to revert to the kit wheels 

WppBtFc.jpeg

Also I've got the pe radiator grills on 

raIjOaB.jpeg

Cheers all 

I've had the same problem with my resin wheels Hewy. It's too wide due to the hubs and not by a small amount either so I've had to revert to the kit items. Rather disappointed about it.

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2022 at 3:45 AM, Hewy said:

Hi all , Etch added ,Nacelles done, I'm not going ott on detailing 

IKuaR5b.jpeg

DOsy6VY.jpeg

Mostly assembled,  the parts with the brass barrels will be done next, i didn't want to either knock them off or blast them with too much paint,

In the mean time  i built up the props and painted them,and painted the lg and kit wheels, 

i found out when trying to mask the canopy I'd  got the wrong mask set , that, and the fact I've  been out today to replenish my ww2 raf paints, after which i had a go at the undersides while i wait for the mask set to arrive , things went really well ,untill right at the end while applying some highlights a spill occurred on the fuselage stripes, phhhrhphh, but I'm  happy with the days takings, it should be an easy fix,

Also like a clumsy oaf i glued on the bomb mounts before paint, making it very difficult to mask, I'll  tidy that up with the fuselage stripes,

Cheers 

Glynn

zxwV23G.jpeg

Nice work Hewy. That's looking great. Love the D-Day stripes.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Mick Drover said:

had the same problem with my resin wheels Hewy. It's too wide due to the hubs and not by a small amount either so I've had to revert to the kit items.

even the tyre is too wide on my set, let alone the hub,  thanks  mick 👍

• 2 weeks later...

@Bertie Psmith @Dansk @81-er, thanks fellas your very kind ,paul i agree the pe mudgaurds do look good, and fit quite well which is always a bonus,

Some paint on the top, i still have to redo the fuselage stripes, and there are a couple of areas that slipped under the masking radar

uHRmdT6.jpeg

• Like 9

Paint job done, stripes repaired,all glossed up ready for decals

MQ7aO63.jpeg

Radiator flap broke off

5t4Ngh1.jpeg

I didn't  want to put both of the gun housing covers on for fear of damaging the brass barrels, they have been pre fit though so shouldnt be a problem,

Plugged the props on for a look see

OGTKS6i.jpeg

• Like 8