Tamiya 2022 Nuremberg New Items

IT_Man

19 hours ago, One 48 said:

Where did you get that info?

Take your pick wonderland models has it for £ 1189 or e models at £1095 and various other suppliers 

On 2/2/2022 at 5:08 AM, Hoppy said:

These are the releases that would have been shown at Nuremberg Toy Fair according to their blog. Tamiya and many other Japanese manufacturers usually have major releases at the Japanese International Toy Fair in Tokyo in June. 

So, in four and a half months there may be another 1/48 Phantom variant announced?  

I like Tamiya kits so much I just wished they had a bigger aircraft release programme. I gave up doing armour ages ago, but the Centurion looks like a fun project if you've got a spare couple of monkeys in your pocket.

Tony

I was so hoping to see either the Spitfire Mk.I or the P-38 released in 1/72nd scale as a 2022 release.

I don't understand Tamiya's thinking.  Is their business philosophy, "let's not do either one of those subjects in 1/72nd scale.....because they would sell.....and we would make money."

Tamiya should get into the pallbearer business, that way they let modelers down on a daily basis, instead of just once a year.

2022 subjects are a yawn!!

Here's hoping for next year.....

Mark Copeland

Lakeville, MN

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Mark Copeland said:

I was so hoping to see either the Spitfire Mk.I or the P-38 released in 1/72nd scale as a 2022 release.

I don't understand Tamiya's thinking.  Is their business philosophy, "let's not do either one of those subjects in 1/72nd scale.....because they would sell.....and we would make money."

Tamiya should get into the pallbearer business, that way they let modelers down on a daily basis, instead of just once a year.

2022 subjects are a yawn!!

Here's hoping for next year.....

Mark Copeland

Lakeville, MN

Tamiya didn’t do much in the past with 1/72 as they also had a lot of reboxes in that scale from mostly Italeri.

Their main scale is 1/48 (7 pages on their site) and some 1/32.( 2 pages) and 1/72 (5 pages)

And their home market is completely different …

Aircraft alone isn’t their biggest market.

cheers, Jan

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 7:54 PM, Piotr Mikolajski said:

I'm afraid that Tamiya is not overly interested in releasing new tool kits in 1/72 scale.

Then I am not overly interested in expending any more money in Tamiya kits (have enough already from back when they cared). That's good, more money for the model companies that cater to my interests then.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...