Tamiya 2022 Nuremberg New Items

IT_Man

I'm guessing it wouldn't be their plans for the whole year, as they drip feed a bit more with various shows (normally announce more stuff at Shizuoka too).

Military vehicle wise, I could see a Crusader tank (they've only re-boxed Italeri and they have a Crusader in 1:48) M3 Half-Track (current kit is nearly 50 years old!) in 1:35.

Aircraft wise, you'd put money on F-14B in 1:48. I don't expect anything in 1:72 or 1:32.

Cars I could see a couple of new 2022 Japanese cars, such as Subaru WRX, Corolla GR or Honda Civic, plus maybe a new road bike.

12 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Personally I hope not, it has always staggered me why the Do 335 is so popular with model manufacturers in all the major scales.... How many of these aircraft entered service again? 

With so many other subjects Tamiya could consider I'd gladly take anything else, even a 1/48 Yak-9 and I don't normally build Russian aircraft.

Cheers.. Dave     

2 hours ago, JohnT said:

Fits in with other Luftwaffe 46 type subjects.  Never quite got the imbalance in model production compared with other types that saw longer war service and bigger production runs myself 

Hmmm - what's a good example? Think, think... Ah, I know - the Yak-9, although only 14,579 were built during the war, and another ~2200 postwar. Hardly anything, really. And all those subtypes - Yak-9, Yak-9D, Yak-9T, Yak-9U, etc., etc. - so confusing. Better leave it alone, Tamiya-san! And especially don't do it in 1/72 scale - you'll only be poisoning the well!!!

John

• Haha 9

5 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

I think a Toyota GR86 and GR Yaris and new Nissan Z in 1/24 are all pretty likely. They’ve already done the first two in r/c form, and they’ve released pretty much every Z over the years…

best,

M.

GR86 is already here. As expected, it's released alongside the new BRZ. Pretty sure the GR Yaris is coming considering the RC is already here, as well as new Z. Still hoping for the unpredictables though, hence 765LT in my wonderlist.

30 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

I think a Toyota GR86 and GR Yaris and new Nissan Z in 1/24 are all pretty likely. They’ve already done the first two in r/c form, and they’ve released pretty much every Z over the years…

best,

M.

I'm hoping for a regular 240Z derived from their recent 1:24 ZG kit.  Even better if it comes with Wolfrace slot mags... 😎

• Like 1

Tamiya have been known to make aircraft models where they have not completed the family, like the F-16. Therefore they could do a RF-8 Crusader with a separate forward fuselage and it they decide to do other versions they could later.

Regards

Robert

27 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Anything other than a Spitfire. Please.

1/32 mk. 1 Spitfire :tease:  :devil:

Dick

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A F-4N would be basically a decal and box art change. Simple enough. I would love to see a F11F-1 or even a F2H-3/4 Banshee from Tamiya. I was surprised when they did the F4D Skyray.  

While we're on the wild cards... I'd really love to see a Gordon Murray T.50 from Tamiya. It's the kind of thing that might just catch the attention of an influential Tamiya product dude. Given how many F1's ended up in Japan I suspect it's on the radar there with rich petrolheads... Plus doing that engine properly is in FXX-K territory...

best,

M.

21 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

While we're on the wild cards... I'd really love to see a Gordon Murray T.50 from Tamiya. It's the kind of thing that might just catch the attention of an influential Tamiya product dude. Given how many F1's ended up in Japan I suspect it's on the radar there with rich petrolheads... Plus doing that engine properly is in FXX-K territory...

best,

M.

That must be why they did the F1.......😉

Would you rather have a Tamiya T.50 or a Fujimi or Aoshima one? 😜 I kinda think if (big if) there's going to be a model T.50, GMA would want it to be from the best plastic model company in the world, and Mr Murray would take a personal interest in getting it right...

best,

M.

6 minutes ago, Don149 said:

Please let it be the Mosquito with a new front end for a Bomber/PR mark . Long overdue ! 

Agreed.

I'm rectifying/convering/detailing a Revell Mk.IV as a B.IX, so we should be due a new one as soon as I'm finished...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ben Hartmann said:

I’m inclined to think that Trumpeter & Hasegawa has those bases pretty well covered.

Hasegawa's Crusaders are nice and you're probably right about Tamiya probably not going that route. Trumpeter's RA-5C, on the other hand, isn't known to be a friendly build, though I've seen some wonderful finished products produced from that kit. A Tamiya quality RA-5C would, I suspect, be most welcome and I wouldn't put it past them to produce it.

Its been a while since their last all new tool 1/32 Aircraft release, wouldn't be surprised if this could be part of their announcement, the show that was intended for this release showcase announcement of theirs has been cancelled apparently, so they are doing a special Web release next week and perhaps that's an indication its an important release from them??

But one Man's importance is another Man's "Meh" too of course :) So it really could be anything from quite a few scales.

Perhaps more than one exciting new release too, lets not forget that.

We've been well served in new release 1/12 Motorcycles and 1/48 Aircraft from them going by their traditional release schedule pattern it seems and as much as I would love it to be one of those ... I don't really think it will be ? ... and that's just a gut feeling.

So assuming it is a 1/32 new tool Aircraft kit, and as a sort of Drakes equation type guess to narrow down what that might be ... my guess is a 109 of some variant and despite the many 109's in this scale, a Tamiya 1/32 109 would sell like hot cakes, surely They have not done a German WW2 Aircraft in 1/32 yet either as part of my fantasy Drake equation style guess, personal preference would be a Hurricane or P-38 of any model, but we'll just have to wait and see, not long to wait now :)

I may be in the minority but I'm rarely "wowed" by Tamiyas announcements, I dont blame them for staying safe and they tend to knock every one out of the park in terms of fit and engineering so its not a negative in any way but,

Im not expecting anything exciting although I'd happily to be wrong.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Paul Bradley said:

If we're going with wish lists, how about a 1/350 British aircraft carrier? 

As much as that would be nice, its not gonna happen IMHO :)

Its been a while too since Tamiya have touched Naval 1/350 too though, hasn't it ?

Now I'm wish-listing again, sorry :) So if internally Tamiya have decided no more 1/350 Naval, perhaps they have decided no more 1/32 Aircraft too. heard the Mossie was not profitable for them and now OOP? 1/48 Aircraft and 1/12 Motorcycles are my preferred scales, but loved Tamiya's 1/32 WW2 Aircraft series as well and have one each of them.

Tamiya are such a tease, aint they LOL.

8 minutes ago, Phas3e said:

I may be in the minority but I'm rarely "wowed" by Tamiyas announcements, I dont blame them for staying safe and they tend to knock every one out of the park in terms of fit and engineering so its not a negative in any way but,

Im not expecting anything exciting although I'd happily to be wrong.

You are probably right, we forget about the Japanese home market where Tamiya produce all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff the Western Scale Modeller is not really interested in but is profitable for them ... We'll see :)

• Like 1