Tamiya 2022 Nuremberg New Items

IT_Man

1 minute ago, steh2o said:

The P-38 looks 1/72

It does, doesn't it, however looks can be deceiving shown amongst those bigger scales, it might be 1/48, looks like figures along side diorama wise? Good news for the 1/72 guys if it is.

Hope its a new variant 1/48 P-38 if that's what it is? but unless Tamiya are teasing us again, this is it for another year, quite underwhelming IMHO compared to Airfix's future schedule and surprise build up announcement recently.

Long Live Airfix :)

• Like 2

And it's already posted on Tamiya blog:

Tamiya Featured Releases Early 2022 that would have presented at the Nuremberg Toy Fair 2022

Static Models:

Military Models
32601 1/48 British Main Battle Tank Challenger 2 (Desertised)
32603 1/48 German Heavy Tank Tiger I Early Prod. (Eastern Front)
35375 1/35 Russian Heavy Tank KV-2
35379 1/35 U.S Infantry Scout Set

Aircraft
61123 1/48 Lockheed® P-38® J Lightning®

Car Models
12033 1/12 Renault RE-20 Turbo (W/PE Parts) Limited Production
12051 1/12 Nissan Fairlady 240ZG Street-Custom RE-ISSUE
21172 1/24 McLaren Senna Finished Model (Orange)
21173 1/24 McLaren Senna Finished Model (Gray)
24015 1/24 Nissan Fairlady 280Z with T-Bar Roof RE-ISSUE
24361 1/24 Toyota GR 86
24362 1/24 Subaru BRZ (ZD8)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm convinced that is a 1/48 P-38 now, it may not be new grey tool usual plastic release, just a repop of their older kit in Silver that makes a lot more sense, it really is hard to tell from that deliberate low quality image many of us have zoomed into.

Perhaps there is more to come yet :)

1 minute ago, Botan said:

And it's already posted on Tamiya blog:

Tamiya Featured Releases Early 2022 that would have presented at the Nuremberg Toy Fair 2022

Static Models:

Military Models
32601 1/48 British Main Battle Tank Challenger 2 (Desertised)
32603 1/48 German Heavy Tank Tiger I Early Prod. (Eastern Front)
35375 1/35 Russian Heavy Tank KV-2
35379 1/35 U.S Infantry Scout Set

Aircraft
61123 1/48 Lockheed® P-38® J Lightning®

Car Models
12033 1/12 Renault RE-20 Turbo (W/PE Parts) Limited Production
12051 1/12 Nissan Fairlady 240ZG Street-Custom RE-ISSUE
21172 1/24 McLaren Senna Finished Model (Orange)
21173 1/24 McLaren Senna Finished Model (Gray)
24015 1/24 Nissan Fairlady 280Z with T-Bar Roof RE-ISSUE
24361 1/24 Toyota GR 86
24362 1/24 Subaru BRZ (ZD8)

That looks official, thanks.

61123 1/48 Lockheed® P-38® J Lightning, numbering makes sense, yes please, first release was brilliant, this makes sense now

I see the pic is dated 2nd Feb, so if that’s it I would say it’s very underwhelming unless you are into 1/16 RC tanks. Looks like the Challenger is the only new tool in AFVs/Aircraft as surely the 1/48 Tiger and P38 must be modifications of existing tools.

• Like 2

And for those in any doubt still, last Tamiya 1/48 Aircraft was kit was 61122 Tomcat launch, I for one welcome the new Tamiya kit 61123 P-38 J Lightning very much, much more interesting schemes available.

To bad for 1/32 guys, was wanting a 109 too, maybe next year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That Challenger is a nice surprise. Briefly wondered what they have lined up for missing number 32602 later in the year, but that code was the German infantry that came out late last year.

Andy

• Like 1

More links with the Tamiya early 2022 announcements kits list/pics:

https://tamiyablog.com/category/future-releases/

https://www.tamiya.com/english/info/early2022/index.htm

Only one new aircraft kit announced. Just a new - and expected - variant in 1/48th: - ref. 61123 - Lockheed P-38J Lightning

Dedicated Britmodeller/rumourmonger thread is here: link

★ This is a 1/48 scale plastic model assembly kit depicting the Lockheed P-38J Lightning, a WWII aircraft of which around 10,000 were manufactured.

★ The dynamic form is captured in style, complete with enlarged engine cowlings and radiator fairings.

★ Air ducts connecting engine underside intercoolers and oil coolers are a real treat and should not be missed.

★ Features an accurate rendering of the altered canopy with flat front face.

★ Comes with three marking options, plus masking stickers to aid with painting of the canopy, a background information text on the P-38J, and a full color painting guide.

Sources: 

https://www.tamiya.com/english/products/61123/index.htm

https://www.tamiya.com/japan/products/61123/index.html

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

If I am being brutally honest, a P-38 variant that we all knew was on the cards at some point given the two previous P-38 releases, is a bit of a disappointment...I know its a beautiful kit and I may indulge in the -F release sometime, but I was hoping for something genuinely new (and larger!)

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Paul Bradley said:

1/43 Farley Fruitbat Mk. XVILSVX. In typical Tamiya fashion, they release the less popular version first - we won't see the most built version, the XMLIX, until MMXXXXVIII. 

All boxings will include PE for the upper wing railings, whine glasses, pitchforks and menus, while the tables and chicken coops will be cast in resin. In addition, all boxings will include a packet of:

51856645028_8036246244_m.jpg

Inflatable tyres are also included, for those who don't like vinyl. 

...and so we wait another year.......

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CheshireGap said:

If I am being brutally honest, a P-38 variant that we all knew was on the cards at some point

Given Tamiya's track record in the past, not necessarily so. Yes we have a few 1/48 kits that offer multiple version options, however there are many others that have been left behind. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

I am quite disappointed.  I had high hopes for a new 1/72 warbird or jet....  Oh well, there is always next year.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

These are the releases that would have been shown at Nuremberg Toy Fair according to their blog. Tamiya and many other Japanese manufacturers usually have major releases at the Japanese International Toy Fair in Tokyo in June. 

7 hours ago, One 48 said:

I want one already :)

0HWM1DV.jpg

Having built the P38 G/H kit, my favorite kit and the most fun build ever...  I cant wait for this new J!

This is early 2022 release...  I hope there will still be another NEW 1/48 kit announced tomorrow!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, One 48 said:

And for those in any doubt still, last Tamiya 1/48 Aircraft was kit was 61122 Tomcat launch, I for one welcome the new Tamiya kit 61123 P-38 J Lightning very much, much more interesting schemes available.

To bad for 1/32 guys, was wanting a 109 too, maybe next year.

:phew:  At least I don’t have the angst of looking at a 1/32 P-38 early and turning to my Trumpeter P-38 with backdate sets etc knowing however good a job I hack out there the out of box Tamiya would beat it hands down and be an easier build. 

Always look on the bright side of life :whistle:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IT_Man said:

Is TamiyaBlog affiliated with Tamiya? Given the effort they've gone to to build anticipation and countdown clocks, seems odd to release the info on the side the night before?

Airfix did a similar thing this year.