Tamiya 2022 Nuremberg New Items

IT_Man

17 hours ago, rob said:

OOOOHHH!!!!!!!!!!

It's a 38th scale Scruggs wonderplane, specifically the float version with fuselage mounted trebuchet...................

At last, a Scruggs wonderplane. but why on earth isn't it in the larger much more detailed 1/27th scale? I'd have much rather had the ski version (lovely winter camo jobs) and typically they've gone for a rather obscure trebuchet armed version rather than the much more popular version with twin ballista's. Awaiting the CAD drawing releases with some trepidation and scarlet quill......

• Haha 4

Whatever it will be, Tamiya will likely surprise me. 

My guess is a German AFV in 1:35 or perhaps French. Many possibilities with aircraft. Another version of F-4 or Bf109? I'd like to see something wilder as well. 
Tamiya has not released any new ship kits in the last few years. I hope there will be one this year. 

Nanond

14 hours ago, Scooby said:

I know Michael Potter arranged access to his former F4U-4. 

All Tamiya’s recent 1/32 kits were measured and researched at his facility )Spitfires, Mustang, and Corsair), he also gave them access to the Avspecs Mosquito when he had it in his hanger when the Mossie visited Canada.

But I’m not getting my hopes up.

Now you've said that I am! Would really like a later model Cosair.

• Like 1

If it is a 1/32 Thunderbolt, bet its a Razorback, am guessing and we'll know soon a 1/32 109, possibly a G6.

Heh, if we're going to have guess threads, then maybe in future we should have a BM sweepstake, everyone chips in a £5 or so and someone holds the money safe, and first posted correct guesser gets the kit bought for them on release, any balance goes to a charity of the winners choice !

I'm only semi serious about that BTW, probably legal things to think about, but like fun stuff like that.

Am convinced its a 1/32 Aircraft subject though and whatever it is I'll have one, deal in 1/48 as a preference but its not a hard and fast rule, have all Tamiya's 1/32 WW2 kits and two jets, just such fantastically engineered kits, pure modelling luxury and the standard all other 1/32 Aircraft kits are judged by.

I had a dream last night that they would be releasing a 1/32 P-38M. In the dream, I was racing the train that Tamiya had all of their gear loaded on and as it was going over a bridge the engineer threw me a T-shirt. At first glance, the T-shirt was a plain green affair with nothing on it, then I had the idea of looking at it under a black light and the words “New 1/32 P-38M” magically showed up on the sleeve. I tried taking a picture to upload to this forum, but whenever I tried to do so it uploaded random pictures of cars. Then my keyboard would disappear. By the time I actually got it uploaded, the announcement had already been made.

Dreams are weird.

• Thanks 1

Just now, FinalApproachPhotography said:

I had a dream last night that they would be releasing a 1/32 P-38M. In the dream, I was racing the train that Tamiya had all of their gear loaded on and as it was going over a bridge the engineer threw me a T-shirt. At first glance, the T-shirt was a plain green affair with nothing on it, then I had the idea of looking at it under a black light and the words “New 1/32 P-38M” magically showed up on the sleeve. I tried taking a picture to upload to this forum, but whenever I tried to do so it uploaded random pictures of cars. Then my keyboard would disappear. By the time I actually got it uploaded, the announcement had already been made.

Dreams are weird.

I do think if it is 1/32. A P-38 is a strong contender too, wow, just imagine that folks !!

1/43 Farley Fruitbat Mk. XVILSVX. In typical Tamiya fashion, they release the less popular version first - we won't see the most built version, the XMLIX, until MMXXXXVIII. 

All boxings will include PE for the upper wing railings, whine glasses, pitchforks and menus, while the tables and chicken coops will be cast in resin. In addition, all boxings will include a packet of:

51856645028_8036246244_m.jpg

Inflatable tyres are also included, for those who don't like vinyl. 

Edited by Paul Bradley
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Nanond said:

Looks like there will be a 1:48 P-38 among the new releases.
aFP6NY2.jpg

Taken from a Facebook group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/onefortyeight/permalink/5400745809953232/

Do I spy a 1/48 challenger 2 there? Very excited if so! Mainly do aircraft, but do have a thing for Tamiya 1/48 armour, and the omission of Challenger 2 has been a bit of a gap in their line up!

Well, let's see what's been announced this year on my freaky plastic wishlist: 

1) 1/48 A-10 from Academy

2) 1/48 Su-25 Frogfoot from Zvezda

3) 1/48 Brick from Airfix

There is exactly 1 kit that 1 company makes decently that I have on my want list left. 

1/48 F-8 CRUSADER CONFIRMED!!! :christmas:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gunpowder17 said:

I would say the big news is that 1/16 Centurion

Looks like it, not up to speed, but has Tamiya released a 1/16 Centurion of any style before?

Somebody must be buying 1/16 kits like this I suppose ? WOW!

Or perhaps they just want to keep us guessing a little longer :)

Still have high hopes for a new tool 1/32 Aircraft.

Also, that P-38 in grey looks typically 1/72 scale amongst larger scale lot, hard to scale visualise, might be 1/48? its not 1/32.

Always all new Tamiya new release pictures are in grey early plastic ,, perhaps that's it?, Looks like a ground diorama too.

15 minutes ago, One 48 said:

Looks like it, not up to speed, but has Tamiya released a 1/16 Centurion of any style before?

Somebody must be buying 1/16 kits like this I suppose ? WOW!

Or perhaps they just want to keep us guessing a little longer :)

Still have high hopes for a new tool 1/32 Aircraft.

1:16 Centurion is all new. But this was announced back in November 2021, so not entirely new news. Still, let's hope that these are not all. We'll know soon.

https://tamiyablog.com/2021/11/future-tamiya-rc-1-16-centurion-tank-mk3/