Tamiya 2022 Nuremberg New Items

IT_Man

Message on the Hobby Company Limited website:

http://www.hobbyco.net/scripts/oe11.3/cgiip.exe/WService=WSHobbyV3EcomLive/sys/homepage.p

Nuremberg New Items

Web Launch for 2022

With the Nuremberg Toy Fair cancelled for the second year due to Covid, Tamiya will present new items via a web launch. Head here to click on the link on Wednesday 2nd Feb at 9am

No link yet, but guess it will go live on Wednesday AM?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

12 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I'm betting Tamiya 1/48 F-4N will be announced.

You're probably right. But Tamiya has been on a roll in terms of kit quality and their choice of subjects and all have been applauded and well received. I can't help but think we're going to get something altogether new. Their "roll" appears to be focused, to some extent, on US Navy aircraft and I'm inclined to wonder if a 1/48 Vigilante or Crusader might be in the works. I'm open to all thoughts.

• Like 2

The thing about Tamiya is it could be something mainstream or completely out of left field; both are equally likely. I wouldn’t discount the possibility of a new 1/48th F-15E for example.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sturmovik said:

Please let it be a new tool 48th Me 262 with extended flaps and 

Thats such a nice kit as is!  I was bothered by the retracted flaps till i built one.  I just love it!

Hope they spend some energy on expanding the do335 lineup!  Long wing span and nightfighters please!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tokyo Raider said:

Hope they spend some energy on expanding the do335 lineup!  Long wing span and nightfighters please!

Personally I hope not, it has always staggered me why the Do 335 is so popular with model manufacturers in all the major scales.... How many of these aircraft entered service again? 

With so many other subjects Tamiya could consider I'd gladly take anything else, even a 1/48 Yak-9 and I don't normally build Russian aircraft.

Cheers.. Dave     

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I have hoped for B-25 for a long time but that seems like such a long shot. Maybe more likely from ICM.  Crusader seems like a great choice and in line with other recent successes.  New versions of the F-4 should be expected but not as a major announcement.

11 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Personally I hope not, it has always staggered me why the Do 335 is so popular with model manufacturers in all the major scales..... Dave     

Probably because its so cool of an airplane and there would have been more if the bombing campaign was not so effective!

There are many just as captivating Japaneese WW2 aircraft they could do too... ki87 please!

Edited by Tokyo Raider
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

The thing about Tamiya is it could be something mainstream or completely out of left field; both are equally likely. I wouldn’t discount the possibility of a new 1/48th F-15E for example.

Thats exactly my wish for Tamiya's next 1/48 subject.

1/32  Me. 109 -G6

Actually we are due for a new 1/32 release from Tamiya.

!/48 Armour has a few gaps in it as well.

Dick

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Personally I hope not, it has always staggered me why the Do 335 is so popular with model manufacturers in all the major scales.... How many of these aircraft entered service again? 

With so many other subjects Tamiya could consider I'd gladly take anything else, even a 1/48 Yak-9 and I don't normally build Russian aircraft.

Cheers.. Dave     

Fits in with other Luftwaffe 46 type subjects.  Never quite got the imbalance in model production compared with other types that saw longer war service and bigger production runs myself 

• Like 1

Four more days to go. I'm going to remain philosophical about what, if any, aircraft kits are announced, but would like to see a 1/48th F-4EJ as it's fifty years since they first entered service with the JASDF and the Sparrow/Falcon alert fit is groovy.  

If it has propellers I'd rather it was a seaplane or fishing boat. 

Tony 

• Like 1