Kovozávody Prostějov Mig-23UB 1/72 Indian Air Force

Greetings Folks,

This has to be one of the most challenging kits I have built in recent time. A big salute to those brave souls who have built this kit. The instruction was way confusing and the kit was really torturous. The kit to building this kit was yr instinct, always dry fit like 10 times then go for it, but then there would be a huge gap in many places, the cockpit was hard to work on but nothing like the spine, and oho took almost a day to fix it, it just won't fit at ALL, It was quite frustrating but with few pegs and some surgery well finally it fit.

There are problems in other places too but I will skip it. Less the said the better it will be.

The painting was done using Tamiya since I didn't have exact paints, so I mixed an eyeball with color reference. There are some places I still need to work on but I will do that when I am fresh again, this kit has taken a toll on me.

Anyway, here it is, Thank you for watching and any feedback welcome, cheers.

Mig-23UB (Known as Vikram) of No.223 Squadron, will add the serial number and yellow roundel later.

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

b5.jpg

b6.jpg

• Like 30

You have made a fantastic job of this very poor kit:clap2:and I totally agree with all you have said about it. As you will have noticed the probes on the nose and other small aerials were not even included in the kit. (ex RV kit mouldings minus the photo etch). And yesyesyes, Oh the spine!

Very well done again on persevereing with it. I've taken the liberty of putting the link to mine in here so you can read what I thought of the kit if you would like to.

Pete

• Thanks 1

I have attempted to build this kit and failed miserably.The kit was thrown against the wall and put in the recycle bin.Well done you for getting such a good result out of a poor kit.Well tidy mun.

Regards

Mohawk

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, tomthounaojam said:

Greetings, Pete firstly I would say it again you are a brave soul, and we should all meet up who have built this kit and have some beers and bitch about it haha.

The beers are on me at club 23UB🍻😄

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

You have made a fantastic job of this very poor kit:clap2:and I totally agree with all you have said about it. As you will have noticed the probes on the nose and other small aerials were not even included in the kit. (ex RV kit mouldings minus the photo etch). And yesyesyes, Oh the spine!

Very well done again on persevereing with it. I've taken the liberty of putting the link to mine in here so you can read what I thought of the kit if you would like to.

Pete

I am gonna add the probes and the small aerials this weekend, started with another project and don't want to see the Mig for the time being. Thank you for the kind words, cheers

17 hours ago, Ryan Hothersall said:

Nice build. 

Thanks Bud

17 hours ago, Mohawk said:

I have attempted to build this kit and failed miserably.The kit was thrown against the wall and put in the recycle bin.Well done you for getting such a good result out of a poor kit.Well tidy mun.

Regards

Mohawk

Darn!!! I guess you have a Mig Kill with your hand, yeah it was really bad kit don't want to use the P word however i was close to it. Thank you for the kind words, cheers

15 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

Yeah, looking forward to it.

14 hours ago, GiampieroSilvestri said:

Fantastic Mig-23UB!

Saluti

Giampiero

Thanks, Mate

7 hours ago, Maginot said:

Very nice indeed. Love the wet t-shirt concrete look.

It is raning for last few days and sun just show for few minutes, thank you

5 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Very smart looking MiG! Hard to realise that the kit is apparently such a dog, when you can conjure up a final result like this one!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thank you Joachim, well this kit sure test your sanity and calmness for sure.

4 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

A nice build, Tom. Hmmm.... now I am doubting the wisdom of my purchase of this kit ;). When I get to it - one day - I will consult you and Pete @Pete in a shed :). Do you have a side view? 

Martin

Martin please build the kit and join the Mig-23Ub beer club with me and @Pete in a shed hehe, cheers mate. I will try to get the side view soon.

22 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

Pete

I am gonna add the probes and the small aerials this weekend, started with another project and don't want to see the Mig for the time being. Thank you for the kind words, cheers

22 hours ago, Ryan Hothersall said:

Nice build. 

Thanks Bud

22 hours ago, Mohawk said:

Regards

Mohawk

Darn!!! I guess you have a Mig Kill with your hand, yeah it was really bad kit don't want to use the P word however i was close to it. Thank you for the kind words, cheers

20 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

Yeah, looking forward to it.

20 hours ago, GiampieroSilvestri said:

Fantastic Mig-23UB!

Saluti

Giampiero

Thanks, Mate

13 hours ago, Maginot said:

Very nice indeed. Love the wet t-shirt concrete look.

It is raning for last few days and sun just show for few minutes, thank you

10 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Very smart looking MiG! Hard to realise that the kit is apparently such a dog, when you can conjure up a final result like this one!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thank you Joachim, well this kit sure test your sanity and calmness for sure.

10 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

A nice build, Tom. Hmmm.... now I am doubting the wisdom of my purchase of this kit ;). When I get to it - one day - I will consult you and Pete @Pete in a shed :). Do you have a side view? 

Martin

Martin please build the kit and join the Mig-23Ub beer club with me and @Pete in a shed hehe, cheers mate. I will try to get the side view soon.

• Like 2

On 1/28/2022 at 7:10 PM, Wulfman said:

You’ve beaten it into great shape, I’ve got one in the stash but I think it’s going to stay there !

Wulfman

Thanks Mate, well there is no fun keeping on shelf, some adventure is needed, hehe

17 hours ago, PATRICK FROM THE SANDS said:

Whow! I don't know anything about the kit but the result is just stunning! That's great 72eme! 

Thank you, much appreciated for the kind word, cheers

15 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

What a beauty. Excellent!

Thank you, Mate, cheers