B-58 Hustler bang seats

Aigore

Hi,

Now with my Viggen build on the home stretch I've started thinking about my next build....and I'm considering the venerable Monogram B-58 kit inn1/48th scale.

I've been lazily gathering refs and I'm going to throw a question out there..

I have a neat cockpit set in resin and ut have those pods the crew sat in, but I have seen Hustlers without the pods and having ordinary ejection seats.

My question is: what are they and where can I find nice resin seats?

I would prefer not to use the pods since they cover so much of the cockpit and I want to show off the cockpit!

Cheers!

The seats were the original Convair seats before the pods came in and used mainly on test aircraft and chase planes (like the XB-70 test chase).

Fischer Model made the seats (as well as a number of other nice Hustler upgrades) https://www.scalemates.com/kits/fisher-model-and-pattern-a4804-b-58-hustler-pilots-hatch-and-ejection-seat-set--948686 but sadly they are no more as everything was lost in the fire...

You may be able to get there by modifying F-102 seats...?

J

11 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

The seats were the original Convair seats before the pods came in and used mainly on test aircraft and chase planes (like the XB-70 test chase).

Fischer Model made the seats (as well as a number of other nice Hustler upgrades) https://www.scalemates.com/kits/fisher-model-and-pattern-a4804-b-58-hustler-pilots-hatch-and-ejection-seat-set--948686 but sadly they are no more as everything was lost in the fire...

You may be able to get there by modifying F-102 seats...?

J

Thanks... should be doable

I have the Lonestar resin cockpit, SBS gun tail, Fischer seamless suckers and slats, master pitot tube, white metal landing struts, Aires exhausts....3 F-102 seats would be in good company :)