1/72 - Douglas TA-4J Skyhawk by Hobby 2000 (plastic Fujimi) - released

Homebee

I hope they will do the Israeli single-seaters, too. Or does the Fujimi kit lack the specific parts like the DEFA-guns? But I guess the IDF did use some unmodified Skyhawks as well.

In any case, there is nothing wrong about re-boxing old(ish) Fujimi kits. In terms of surface detail (width of panel lines) many of today's kits represent a step back.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Doc72 said:

I hope they will do the Israeli single-seaters, too. Or does the Fujimi kit lack the specific parts like the DEFA-guns? But I guess the IDF did use some unmodified Skyhawks as well.

In any case, there is nothing wrong about re-boxing old(ish) Fujimi kits. In terms of surface detail (width of panel lines) many of today's kits represent a step back.

The Fujimi single seaters don't have the IAF-specific mods like the DEFA cannon and the exhaust 'barrel'. Like you say, that doesn't mean you can't make an unmodified aircraft or make/find those parts elsewhere. 

Looking forward to the IAF twin-seater reissue though! Very happy with that. From the parts list, it looks like the exhaust 'barrel' is included in the Hobby 2000 issue (which is a nice bonus)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Doc72 said:

Or does the Fujimi kit lack the specific parts like the DEFA-guns?

The Fujimi kit does lack them, but if Hobby 2000 can add a resin extended tailpipe as they appear to have done on the TA-4J kit, they could add resin DEFA guns (as tooled by Quickboost http://www.quickboost.net/Obrazky/72172.jpg). And maybe a resin squared off fin tip (as previously tooled by Eagle Designs, along with DEFA guns, a parabrake housing and extended tailpipe  http://eagledesigns.50megs.com/ ).

Jonathan.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Grayhawk said:

I'd guess the extended Anti I/R fitting for the exhaust is included since they've gone to the extent of showing it in the decal instructions - but what do I know!?

I am assuming the "PUR1" part on the right side of the spue map shown above is the extended exhaust. The "PUR2" could be the rear face of the engine turbine to go with the exhaust, but it could be some other addition.

Jonathan.

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Douglas TA-4J Skyhawk by Hobby 2000 (plastic Fujimi) - released