PK-28 F-104G Starfighter

Thanks Dave. Sadly, I haven't managed to get anything done on it this last week. Working away has its benefits, but it has downsides too, as you're aware. I'll get back to it, promise! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh, work. It's the curse of the drinking class, apparently, but it's also the curse of the modelmaking class too. I haven't forgotten this wee Zipper, just haven't been able to get to the bench. With luck and a following wind, I'll get some bench time in what remains of my long weekend off. There were changes after the last photos were taken... 

• Like 2

On 4/16/2022 at 1:51 AM, Rob G said:

(Also, I give up on trying to work out how to best post photos here - sometimes it's perfect, sometimes I get the 'link' underlines on following text.  Despite much messing about trying to find the culprit (and I'm pretty computer savvy), it appears to be random. After this GB finishes, I think I'll stop stop posting photos here, it's just too much effort to go back and clean things up after posting.)

I created a blogger (google) account where I post photos and then link here. That seems to work fine. I have no problem seeing your flickr photos, but it's a bit hit and miss with other people's posts. Clearly other people can see them, given their comments, but I can't - they just look like broken links.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, this'll probably be the final post here until I manage to finish the kit off, probably sometime in the next century. I'm coming to the end of a 4 day weekend, and haven't managed to even sit at the workbench - back out to work early tomorrow and I won't be back home until very late on Friday, so I'll miss the end of the GB with yet another DNF. Which isn't a surprise. 

Thanks to the GB hosts for their encouragement, thanks to those who dropped in for a dekko, thanks to both Les and Rod for forming Lesney Products and for making Matchbox kits. :D

This is my last GB. If I can't finish an OOB Matchbox kit in the allotted time, there's scant hope for anything else, so I shall retire from the field. 

Toodles. 

• Sad 2

With the extension, I've done a little bit more. Managed to apply both of the upper wing roundels over the weekend. Giddy heights indeed. The plan had been to get all the decals on, but no go. Never mind, still 2 more weekends to go. <eye roll>

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

And sneaking in under the wire, I'm announcing that it's done. Not very well, but marginally better than my first attempt back in 1980 or whenever. I'm not going to do an RFI, so what's here is what you'll get. Don't look too hard, it's pants.

Thanks.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Rob G said:

it's pants.

Well, I like it - pure nostalgia! Thanks for posting. 

This was one of my very first kits back in the day. 

Cheers,

Andre 

• Thanks 1

On 6/18/2023 at 10:17 PM, Hook said:

Well, I like it - pure nostalgia! Thanks for posting. 

This was one of my very first kits back in the day. 

Cheers,

Andre 

Thanks Andre. It was an early one for me, as well.

• Like 1