Gloster Gladiator 1/32nd scale

I do not like bi-planes!

Too many wings, and the rigging is a stuff of nightmares!!!

Then along comes ICM's superb Gladiator.

I have always had a soft spot for this aeroplane, despite it being a bi-plane.

An absolute joy to build with no fit issues at all!

Everything went together perfectly.

I used some aftermarket seatbelts, and the decals are from AIMS.

The chequerboard on the top wing disintegrated when I tried to apply it, so I had to paint it on.

For the overall aluminium dope finish I used Tamiya's flat aluminium.

The rigging was done with flower arranging wire.

It was pulled and stretched taught before being cut to length and superglued into place.

Glad1.jpg

Glad10.jpg

Glad13.jpg

Glad2.jpg

Glad3.jpg

Glad4.jpg

Glad11.jpg

Glad5.jpg

Glad14.jpg

Glad8.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Angelo.

• Like 53

Superb build Angelo! I'd never guess you didn't like it 😂 It's a silver winged masterpiece.

Very glad to hear the build is an easy process as well, the Revell boxing is looking at me as I write this...

Anyway, excellent work and a nice result as usual 👏👏👏

• Like 1

Well, I must say that if you don't like doing biplanes, I need to get a look at your other builds, because this is really good. Your checkerboard has come out really well, excellent work all round.

• Like 1

Stunning! 

I too have a morbid fear of rigging. You did an brilliant job on this. I echo others comments about the cowling bronze colour.. looks perfect! The silver dope finish is excellent too! Very impressed! 

I have looked at this ICM kit a few times as good value. Nice to hear that it's without vices! Could be worth a punt at some point in the future..

you did a fantastic job on painting the upper wing chequer are. I'd not have known it wasn't a decal . 

Btw is it a 56 Squadron aircraft?  Up The Firebirds if it is! Lol 

Regards, Andy

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 7:42 AM, Alan P said:

Superb build Angelo! I'd never guess you didn't like it 😂 It's a silver winged masterpiece.

Very glad to hear the build is an easy process as well, the Revell boxing is looking at me as I write this...

Anyway, excellent work and a nice result as usual 👏👏👏

Alan said it perfectly and I have to agree. Your work looks like that of a biplane enthusiast.

• Like 2

What a fabulous job Angelo,...... I am at the rigging stage of my own 1/32nd Sea Gladiator and I will try out flower arranging wire now,...... it looks just right. Lovely model and a great scheme,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

That's a nicely finished model. Good work on the rigging. My credit card is twitching; just found the Sea Gladiator version.

Update! The credit card did its thing and I just picked up the Sea Gladiator from my local supplier. Thanks for the motivation.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Maginot said:

Update! The credit card did its thing and I just picked up the Sea Gladiator from my local supplier. Thanks for the motivation.

Glad to hear it! 

Enjoy it, it's a lovely kit :)

• Like 1