Chevy Corvette 1957 - cascade green paint needed

Einar

Hello colleagues,

I would like to ask for your advice concerning the cascade green colour of the Chevy Corvette 1957 (see the enclosed picture).

I have bought the good looking AMT kit in 1/25 scale and I'd like to paint the body work with that colour but haven't found a paint that would  be close to the shade. Your help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Einar

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, dbostream said:

Have you checked gravity paints maybe they have something close enough?

Thanks,

I'll go and check

Einar

1 minute ago, Rob G said:

Your easiest bet would be to head to your nearest car parts or hardware shop that mixes paint in spray tins and see what they can do. Failing that, try Zero or Gravity Paints. 

Thanks for your help Rob!

Einar 

A bit of digging into weird colour places online gives me a bit more info - with due regard paid to colour reproduction on screens, other people's measurements and how much you can trust what you read online, Tamiya's TS-41 Coral Blue is close, but too dull/dark, and Gunze Sangyo Aqueous H-41 is too light (and yes, those numbers must be sheer coincidence - I checked to make sure I wasn't hallucinating). 

I chose brands that I thought you'd be able to get with relative ease, but those 2 are the only ones that come close. 

Your best bet if you're after anything close to accuracy would be either of the 2 ideas above, I think. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Rob G said:

A bit of digging into weird colour places online gives me a bit more info - with due regard paid to colour reproduction on screens, other people's measurements and how much you can trust what you read online, Tamiya's TS-41 Coral Blue is close, but too dull/dark, and Gunze Sangyo Aqueous H-41 is too light (and yes, those numbers must be sheer coincidence - I checked to make sure I wasn't hallucinating). 

I chose brands that I thought you'd be able to get with relative ease, but those 2 are the only ones that come close. 

Your best bet if you're after anything close to accuracy would be either of the 2 ideas above, I think. 

Thank you very much for your help Rob! Your hint of Gravity paints was excellent. I found a shade that is very close to the color of the car in the picture. It's Lamborghini Celeste/Tiffany blue. I placed an order on a bottle and I'm looking forward to receiving the parcel.

Cheers

Einar 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mr Mansfield said:

Glad you found a colour. If it helps for future reference, I’ve used this website to find the correct colours before;

https://www.autocolorlibrary.com/pages/1957-Chevrolet.html

1 hour ago, Mr Mansfield said:

Glad you found a colour. If it helps for future reference, I’ve used this website to find the correct colours before;

https://www.autocolorlibrary.com/pages/1957-Chevrolet.html

Thank you Mr. Mansfield!

Cheers 

Einar 

• Like 1