New one

RobertA

Hi there,

I'm RobertA from the Netherlands. I started modelling as a kid, stopped when study, work and other interests took over. Returned to the old hobby when RSI became really problematic and never regretted it. My main interest is with WW2 armour in 1/76 and to a lesser extent in 1/72. Planes come a distant second place. Happy building everybody.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 10:38 PM, RobertA said:

My main interest is with WW2 armour in 1/76 and to a lesser extent in 1/72. Planes come a distant second place. 

Welcome Robert,

I like small scale AFVs too although 1/76 seems to have lost out to 1/72 in recent years, at least as far as plastic injection kits are concerned. 

Thank you all for this friendly welcome.

@IanC:

1/76 lost to the other scales, I think its the older builders that keep it afloat, but the group is getting smaller and smaller. Everybody else has moved on to 1/72 and bigger.

I just wonder how the many reissues of Matchbox kits by Revell during 2021 have done commercially compared to the 1/72 and bigger offerings they have in their range. Or did they aniticipate that many old men would be going back to the hobby during lock-down?? Who knows.

@GrahamBoak:

I have never built anything of Milicast, SHQ or Matador or of resin. I have considered ordering something but - and this is like cursing in the church - my stash is too big for me already so I didn't.