Anyone else having trouble with Village Photos?

Bullbasket

6 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

All of my images which I post on here, using VP, are the https ones. At the moment, I am unable to access VP in any way. I can't get passed Google Chrome page, telling me that my connection is not private, with a big red triangle. I'd like to know how some people are able to access the site, or even to see images. I've even lost my signature.

John. 

Click Advanced then "proceed to blah blah"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

All of my images which I post on here, using VP, are the https ones. At the moment, I am unable to access VP in any way. I can't get passed Google Chrome page, telling me that my connection is not private, with a big red triangle. I'd like to know how some people are able to access the site, or even to see images. I've even lost my signature.

John. 

I am able to access VP at home (did so just now), but not at work.

• Like 1

Weirdly, all of my photos have returned and so has my signature. But when I looked at the VP site, it's still showing as having no security cert. I've just signed up with Imgur, so if that pan out OK, I'll stick with them.

John.

30 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Weirdly, all of my photos have returned and so has my signature. But when I looked at the VP site, it's still showing as having no security cert. I've just signed up with Imgur, so if that pan out OK, I'll stick with them.

John.

You might be able to see them John, but I'm still getting just links

1 hour ago, Dave Swindell said:

You might be able to see them John, but I'm still getting just links

Yes, there appears to be something not quite right happening with VP, so I'm going to steer clear until I see a locked padlock on their web address.

John.

• Like 2

On 1/27/2022 at 11:38 AM, Bullbasket said:

I can't get passed Google Chrome page, telling me that my connection is not private, with a big red triangle

Have you tried using a different browser John? I know I have similar 'connection is not private' issues to several sites using Chrome which aren't evident when using say Firefox,

It's all a bit tiresome - do we think that Village Photos will get their act together or is it look for a new image hosting provider time?

Paul.

13 hours ago, Lummox said:

Have you tried using a different browser John? I know I have similar 'connection is not private' issues to several sites using Chrome which aren't evident when using say Firefox,

It's all a bit tiresome - do we think that Village Photos will get their act together or is it look for a new image hosting provider time?

'Morning Paul,

At the moment, all of my photos and my signature have reappeared, and hopefully they will stay. I can now access VP's site, but as I said a little earlier, I don't like the look of it. It seems kind of off somehow, so until I see the security sign on their web address, I'm avoiding them. I've signed up to Imgur now, so even if VP comes back, I'll be able to have two bites of the cherry.

John.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

At the moment, all of my photos and my signature have reappeared, and hopefully they will stay

Not sure if it's just me John, but I can't see any of your VP hosted photos, merely seeing a link where on click through you eventually get a 'your connection is not private' type message. I've tried using different browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox), on different devices, with the same result.

I have a similar problem with my VP hosted photos, but the difference being my content is eventually visible on click through. I suspect that this may be due to me posting content using the vanilla http URL, whereas I think you used the secure https URL.

Others experiences may well differ (I'm not sure I understand what is going on tbh), but if I can't see your content it's likely that others will be in the same boat. Thought I'd let you know the bad news.😞

It looks like I'll be on the hunt for an alternative image host as you have with Imgur. Switching image host will be a pain, but not as much as a pain as re-hosting all old photos and editing forum content to update image links. That will be a bridge too far for me.

Paul.

• Like 1

I'm also having problems: on my PC I can see my pictures in the posts and have no problem accessing the site and my galleries, however others can't see the pictures in the posts.

When trying with my mobile phone I can only see the links in the post but if I click on the picture they are visible... hope they sort everything as otherwise I'll have to switch to a different hosting service

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lummox said:

(I'm not sure I understand what is going on tbh

That makes two of us Paul, but thanks for letting me know. It seems to be a bit hit and miss at the moment. I am able to see all of the photos which I posted with VP and several people have said that they can see them also, but unfortunately there are others, like yourself, who can't see them. Right now, I don't intend to do anything about it as to try and repost all of the missing photos would be a non starter, especially if VP get their act together and all the photos reappear. For now, I'm just going to keep learning the new system on Imgur.

John.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

I've signed up to Imgur now, so even if VP comes back, I'll be able to have two bites of the cherry.

John.

Is Igmur easy to use, as the front page of their web site is totally bamboozling me as to what to do?

13 hours ago, Jabba said:

Is Igmur easy to use, as the front page of their web site is totally bamboozling me as to what to do?

Well, yes and no. As far as I'm concerned, I'm still tentatively feeling my way around the site. Signing up was easy enough, and I'm able to upload photos to Imgur's site and then post them on BM. What I am struggling to get my head around, is how to start a new album. At the moment, all photos which I upload, go into the one album. But I can see this site being useful. At least all of the photos uploaded do so in order, and not all over the place as in VP.

John.

@Mike identified Village Photos issue. My Chrome browser reports this at 2022-01-30:16:15:30+00:00

This server could not prove that it is village.photos; its security certificate expired 6 days ago. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Sunday, January 30, 2022. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page.

No VP photos are visible to me in this or other threads.

7 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Well, yes and no. As far as I'm concerned, I'm still tentatively feeling my way around the site. Signing up was easy enough, and I'm able to upload photos to Imgur's site and then post them on BM. What I am struggling to get my head around, is how to start a new album. At the moment, all photos which I upload, go into the one album. 

John.

I know what you mean now. I have just signed up and the most difficult thing at the moment is getting the photos from my computer into the area for where the images are to go. I think that I have sorted the new album part, as the first photos I have added are to a particular album rather than just on the page that is shown. I will truely find out when I have to add more photos from a different build and therefore a new album being required.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jabba said:

Any news on village photos being back up and running correctly?

Seems to be just the same. In fact, it's regressed again. All of my VP photos on here which had disappeared, along with my signature, reappeared a few days ago. Now, they've gone again. Seems it was a good move to find another hosting site.

John.

Thanks @Bullbasket that is the way that I am thinking to, having signed up for imgur. The only hassle that I am having with this new site is loading up pictures to an album as it just seems to take a bit longer and a bit more of a struggle than VP. I have also tried to delete some of my VP photos from a current build thread without success.

• Like 1