1:32 scale USAAF P-47D Bubbletop - 56th FG "Miss Fire" aka "Rozzie Geth II "

On 29/01/2022 at 14:48, Maginot said:

So perhaps it's time for another cat to be nominated for the Dicken Medal ūüĎć

I agree with this ! It's my intention to submit a nomination to the PDSA who award the Dickin Medal for Sinbad. Maybe some would think " you need to get out more Andy" but I think it would be a fitting tribute. It may also become a news story 'with legs' and help to publicise the great work the PDSA does. 

Regards

Andy 

Just like to say a HUGE ' Thank You' to everyone who's appreciated this model and it Dio both in the RFI and in Previous WIP thread.

Its a nice feeling and an encouragement to get such positive comments on my 'art' , always. I aim to give pleasure to others in my endeavours as well as keeping myself occupied.

I love a historical back story to a build and this one, for me , had it all! A bit of scratch building and the research involved was also very satisfying.

Whats next? Hmmm well I just bought another Revell P51 in 1:32 with tail fillet... I already have a Lou IV in the stash so I was thinking a scene with two of the famous ' Bottisham Four ' picture ships could be something to shoot at..

Kindest Regards

Andy

Lovely model. 

On the subject of animals in the cockpit, Captain John W 'Wild Bill' Crump of the 356th FG took his pet coyote on several low level missions. It too survived ops only to be run over on the ground...

Obviously it was safer in the air for a USAAF pet! 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, IanC said:

Lovely model. 

On the subject of animals in the cockpit, Captain John W 'Wild Bill' Crump of the 356th FG took his pet coyote on several low level missions. It too survived ops only to be run over on the ground...

Obviously it was safer in the air for a USAAF pet! 

Thanks for the compliment Ian. Also for the additional info . Just looked him up. What an extraordinary story.. the coyote even had dog and gas and a flying get log book! Lol  Rather a cat than a coyote in the cockpit! Clearly it's much safer in the air for animals! 

Excellent work all around, the diorama setting really cementing the realism in your build.  I enjoyed following the build, and seeing the finished model but the context it’s now set in really enhances the result.  Congratulations. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much Mark. I always value your comments. I had a look at your making history blog tonight. I admire your painstaking research on the Bottisham 4. I'm with you on BLUE.  I think despite the counter arguments posed it is a RAF shade of blue. I don't think the film stock difference AM and PM sways the evidence away from your conclusion. it was part luck that the base board cme out like it did! beginners luck i guess! lol

Kindest Regards, Andy

38 minutes ago, Col Walter E Kurtz said:

I had a look at your making history blog tonight. I admire your painstaking research on the Bottisham 4. I'm with you on BLUE.  I think despite the counter arguments posed it is a RAF shade of blue. I don't think the film stock difference AM and PM sways the evidence away from your conclusion. it was part luck that the base board cme out like it did! beginners luck i guess! lol

Kindest Regards, Andy

Thanks Andy, I'm glad you liked it.  The piece on the Bottisham Four is one of the most frequently visited on the site, and one of my favourites too.

Cheers.

• Like 1