1/700th Academy USS Missouri, 1945.

No problem Bernd. Lifecolor paints are a bit of a faff to get right but I still prefer to use them on all my maritime subjects. They're very easy to mix, to add tone to the base colour and blend, plus they do an excellent Deck weathering set which really helps. The key, for me anyway is to use higher air pressure and very little thinner.

I was sent the Very Fire kit by a magazine I was working for but being busy with several other projects at the time, I returned it to the editor. Fantastic kit, a little expensive, complicated (slightly over-engineered in places) but with excellent detail. The kit's PE is a little basic and quite delicate. With a little help from Very Fire's own Detail Up set, various aftermarket PE sets as well as Model Monkey's 3d printed parts you have the makings of a museum standard model.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Beautifully done, General!  Looking at the photos, it's difficult to believe that it's 1/700 scale.  I have the exact model kit at home in the queue, but I seriously doubt I'll be able to make mine look as good.  Baaaa!

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys, always appreciated. 

I have the exact model kit at home in the queue, but I seriously doubt I'll be able to make mine look as good.  Baaaa!

Erik, if you use the available PE for the kit, use Uschi rigging line and apply a bit of careful weathering, you should easily be able to do something similar.

I find 1/700 to be a tough scale to work in especially when in comes to handling the PE.

Thanks Micha, strangely, I prefer 1/700th for warships for some reason, maybe the challenge of getting as much on the model as possible, also I find it easier to make dynamic foamboard/acrylic sea bases for them and of course, storage. Although I have a few 1/350th kits underway that are packed with aftermarket, I still prefer the smaller scale for large warships.