A Malta Spitfire Mk Vc of my collection(04/22). Kit KP 1/72, DK decals

Hi, may I suggest some steps which will likely improve your model? First of all, you should cover the whole model with one or two coats of clear gloss varnish before applying the decals. When decalling is done, apply another coat of gloss, then apply some weathering, e.g. oil colours. These will help to bring out the details even more. As a final step, cover the model with some coats of clear satin varnish to give a realistic appearance. That way, the decals will not stand out that much. Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Ijineda said:

Hi, may I suggest some steps which will likely improve your model? First of all, you should cover the whole model with one or two coats of clear gloss varnish before applying the decals. When decalling is done, apply another coat of gloss, then apply some weathering, e.g. oil colours. These will help to bring out the details even more. As a final step, cover the model with some coats of clear satin varnish to give a realistic appearance. That way, the decals will not stand out that much. Hope this helps!

Thank you, yes I know the technic but when you brush paint, it is not easy to put 3or 4 more layer of varnish

Alain

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MACALAIN said:

Thank you, yes I know the technic but when you brush paint, it is not easy to put 3or 4 more layer of varnish

Alain

Then I strongly suggest to invest in some airbrush 😉 Its not too expensive, 100 EUR should get you started, including compressor. But the rewards are worth far more than that!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ijineda said:

Then I strongly suggest to invest in some airbrush 😉 Its not too expensive, 100 EUR should get you started, including compressor. But the rewards are worth far more than that!

It is not a question of money, but of space to do it.

Alain

5 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I haven't seen you for a while. Glad to see you are still in business. Lovely model!

One model of Malta Spitfire, and one other ones a week.

You cab go to  see my models in the older pages of the blog

Alain