Armada Argentina Douglas C-47 (Italeri 1:72)

I had a decal sheet from Aerocalcas that I had bought in 2020, hoping I'd be able to use them on the new tool Airfix Dakota Mk.IV. However, I kept postponing the purchase of that kit, and it went out of stock.

Fast forward to December 2021, I'd found that Hobbies Morón had the Italeri Dakota Mk.III and, after thinking I wouldn't be able to travel abroad to places such as Hannants or Mirax Hobbies (Chile), I decided to buy it.

The Italeri kit is actually an ESCI mold, I don't know what that means, but I thought it'd be useful to state it. The kit has deep recessed panel lines, and the plastic is on the hard side. 

The parts have detail, but they're on the unimpressive side (though nothing can be seen through the cabin/cockpit windows).

Fit for the most part was pretty good, however, the wings had some visible gaps that even to me were too much, so I filled them with CA. The fuselage join was filled (or I attempted to fill) by pressing the fuselage halves and making the melted plastic ooze from the area. I then scrapped away the hardened glue with my knife.

Decals from Aerocalcas were very thin. I had one moment where the air on the bench turned purple, and that was when trying to add a decal that refused to leave off my finger. The decas didn't need any Microsol to set onto the panel lines, but I brushed some just to be sure. Once they were dry, I applied two coats of Revell's matt varnish and added the remaining parts.

Paints used were all from the Revell Aqua range. 

ntZ5hZG.jpeg

KiFQUpx.jpeg

xiDjuVD.jpeg

KVTPA1j.jpeg

1CcmVOA.jpeg

Edited by Sturmovik
  • Like 37