Man in a boat with cats.

See, the reason I asked about the backstory is that it seems counter-intuitive to go for a lovely paddle with a bunch of cats.  Then again, I haven't actually tried it myself.  Incidentally, the figure area (of Britmodeller, and modelling) is foreign territory for me.

bob

On 1/28/2022 at 9:22 AM, gingerbob said:

See, the reason I asked about the backstory is that it seems counter-intuitive to go for a lovely paddle with a bunch of cats.  Then again, I haven't actually tried it myself.  Incidentally, the figure area (of Britmodeller, and modelling) is foreign territory for me.

bob

There's a very popular YouTube channel for miniature figure painters of the fantasy variety. It's called Goobertown Hobbies and run by a guy called Brent. Brent is an interesting character, he has hair to his waist, is a seriously clever chemist, loves his cats which often appear on the videos, is interested in Vikings and takes canoeing holidays around North America. A friend and fellow YouTuber (I can't remember which one) did this sculpt of him and the cats as a bit of fun, and to promote his studio. So that's your back story. Follow the YouTube link above for more information or to download a copy of the 3D print file.

• Thanks 1

Cheers for the interest everyone.

Made a bit of progress with this, first added a fee pebbles from the garden, made a plastic fish and filling the base with resin. It wasn't quite set enough to hold the boat so I had to support it, and it has moved out of centre now, but it's not to bad.

20220201-181536.jpg
20220201-223750.jpg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hunter Rose said:

Nice water! One tip for keeping things in place is to glue left over clear sprue as supports.

Great job with the fish too!

I should have thought of that....cheers.

I hope the plastic lids comes off the resin next but it's going to be another day before I try pulling it off.