T-44 tank hits the road!

Good Evening Comrades

I made the T-44 from Miniart a while ago but I have been playing around with Ammo oilbrushers in an experimental way on the tank.  I enjoyed this because of the control you have and being oil they have a long drying time

Unfortunately you can't see much of its highly detailed engine!

l8W1l1l.jpg

GhhLFJ7.jpg

ZKLSnG4.jpg

QOYZlg3.jpg

I believe the T-44 wasn't a great success as they found it difficult to cure overheating problems.  But the chassis then matured into the T-54 and the rest is history

Hope you like it?

Andrew

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Very nicely done. I like the look of the T44 the last in the line before they went all pudding bowl with their turrets. Maybe they were better tanks but they weren't better looking tanks, to my eye anyway. This one catches the look very well.

Steve 

23 hours ago, Lazy Modeller said:

Did a comment but it disappeared.... or is it me getting lazier... anyway...

Liked very much the tank the dio and the photos!

Cheers

Lazy modeler was here!

Your comment is on a duplicate topic, Lazy.

So is mine.

• Haha 1

This is superb, really nicely weathered tank, it looks clean but well used - a great effect overall. I love the trees and the verge at the side of the road, they are brilliant, I'd love to know how you made them.

Dear Colleagues

Thanks for your kind comments

I submitted the post and then got a message it had failed from the server so submitted it again!  I think the server is suspicious of me, it keeps telling me about things are going wrong and do I remember the antiques road show??

I recommend you don't do a Miniart kit straight after a Tamiya one!  You will get frustrated with knock out pins in annoying places and assemblies sprayed across several sprues.  BUT you will love the attempt at detail fidelity.  You will be annoyed that some parts snap.  But once you are in the 'Miniart Zone' you will enjoy it.  The interior kits are an insight into the problems the designers had to solve.

That base is my usual backdrop with DIY trees I bought at the UK Nationals (wire armature, putty and scrim)

Regards

Andrew