Lynx Mk.8. 215 Flight, 815 NAS., HMS Monmouth 2012 (1/32)

Another flying off the bench is the Revell 1/32 Lynx mk.8. Got this cheap from Hobbycraft. Not a bad kit. goes together well for  a Revell kit (if you know what I mean :whistle:🤣 )

Straight out of the box except for the Rotor fold addition from Scale Warships. (This really does save on space). If you have the Haynes manual on the Lynx this aircraft features quite heavily; so a god send from a detail point of view.

An enjoyable build. What more is there to say. ;) Worth the money.

Any way on to the pictures.

Please feel free to comment etc.

Thanks for looking

Dick

DPP_0000

DPP_0001

DPP_0002

DPP_0004

DPP_0003

• Like 49
  • Thanks 2

As someone that worked on navy Lynx for over 25 years I have no hesitation in stating you have done a brilliant job with that Revel Kit, amazing. 

Just for info not to criticise the main rotor head has a yellow blade marking not white on the pitch change horn and rod clockwise, yellow, red, blue and black. Tail rotor yellow, blue, red and white.

I have a 3 and an 8 to build if I can do half a good as job as you, I would be well pleased, well done

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony G said:

Just for info not to criticise the main rotor head has a yellow blade marking not white on the pitch change horn and rod clockwise, yellow, red, blue and black. Tail rotor yellow, blue, red and white.

Thanks for the info. Goes to prove ...don't follow the kit decals.

Dick

Edited by jenko
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is superb. I absolutely loved the canopy work.. the tinted half bubbles and the windshield looks super clear. I am always impressed by some modellers skill and attention to detail where tinted glass is involved. It's one of those details you see that gives an added authenticity to a model. 

The folded rotors pose looks really nice and saves space 👍

it looks a huge model in 1:32 scale. One question I have is how does the RN blue scheme weather in general? Just curious.. which reminds me I still have my awful Tamiya Sea Harrier on the shelf of doom.. lol 

Thanks for showing it! Very impressed!

Rehards, Andy

Edited by Col Walter E Kurtz