Scarborough 1914 AD

Impressive work again there Alan. Do you think you'll get much chance to make more progress during the remaining two week extension?

Excellent work there, Alan. Definitely one of the more interesting choices in this GB and I'm enjoying every update

James

Thanks very much Col and James.

I was looking in the chat a couple of weeks ago for an extension, Col, but didn't see one. Now it's only a week! So, I don't think I'll get done but will definitely do more.

I was logging on this evening to post one last, completely built, photo and to say I'll continue in WIP in "Figures".  I'll postpone that for the week anyway.

Here's the photo:

220523a Construction finished soldered flag 1

I thought I'd solder the flag to the mast as the soldered joints can be really small but still quite strong. Unfortunately the previous flag, of tomato puree tube isn't solderable, at least not at the temperature of my soldering iron. This is a new one of 0.125mm (5 thou) brass by Albion Alloys, flame-annealed on the cooker. The staff edge is rolled over a bit of 15 amp fuse wire leaving little sockets at top and bottom for the lanyard to go in. It took me three sessions of soldering to get the jack attached to the staff because of the heat-sink problem, but I'm really happy with it.

Now...PAINT!

Alan

• Like 6

Quite agreed, the flag is superb! I hope you can get the paintwork finished with the time we have left, Alan, but if you don't, please drop a link in here to the continuation. I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished article :)

James

• Thanks 1