Atlas – supporter from sky – 1/72 Phoenix vacform - completed

Patrik

Lovely work as always. I do enjoy your Silver Wings builds.

On 05/06/2022 at 21:04, Patrik said:

Underrated it has been, I agree. However, 478 units build speak for themselves.

I always feel it's a shame the Atlas doesn't appear to have received much in the way of the colourful squadron markings so evocative of the period. Unless I'm missing something of course. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Martian said:

Just stumbled across this build; there is some first class work going on here. I like it.

Martian 👽

Thank you. Though it often hurts and takes time, modelling is above all still a lot of fun.

1 hour ago, Smudge said:

I always feel it's a shame the Atlas doesn't appear to have received much in the way of the colourful squadron markings so evocative of the period. Unless I'm missing something of course. 

I am afraid, you are not missing anything. Army cooperation, dull task, dull livery, I suppose.😀

• Haha 1

All struts and control rods in place. Inserting the short central cabane struts as the very last step was not the best idea. Next time I will fix the struts in different order.

20220611-DSC-0163.jpg

• Like 8

Wings painted, struts masked and unmasked with appropriate amount of unmasking surprises. Eight struts, sixteen masks on the profiles, just a matter of probability.

More observant of you may notice the absence of pitot tube on the front starboard strut. Because I did. But do not worry, in the meantime I have found it and now it is safely back in its right place.

20220619-DSC-0172.jpg

Edited by Patrik
  • Like 6

Almost there. Enjoy the opportunity to peek on the other side.

And barring some last-minute disaster, see you in RFI soon!

20220702-DSC-0188.jpg

Edited by Patrik
  • Like 3

• Patrik changed the title to Atlas – supporter from sky – 1/72 Phoenix vacform - completed