F-16 Weathering Detail

wingslinger

I was skimming through my aircraft archive, a couple of days ago, looking for weathering inspiration, and came across this picture of an RNLAF F-16 that I photographed at Nellis AFB way back in 2009... My eye was drawn to the panel, on the side of the intake, under the EPU (centre left on this detail). Crazy variety of stuff... light rivets, dark rivets, splotches of colour with fringes of another colour. Anyway, thought it might be interesting to someone (with better eyes/paint skills than I)

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Not for me I'm afraid ? 

Where you posted the Image it just says "Spacer.png "

Honestly, don't know what to tell ya... checked it on two different Macs, two different iPhones, and got a mate down the road with a PC to check it.

5 minutes ago, wingslinger said:

Honestly, don't know what to tell ya... checked it on two different Macs, two different iPhones, and got a mate down the road with a PC to check it.

i'll go check it on my ipad and report back ;)

Looks like it's a very discerning little jpeg which is only making an appearance for us Apple users, then. 😁 To be honest, I ought to have some idea of why that's so, but I don't. In case it helps the people who can't see it, try the link to view it directly: http://www.martingisborne.com/aviation/f16-1420.jpg

• Haha 1

Please remember a lot of those rivets are in fact panel fastening type quick release screws. Secondly you are looking at an aircraft much closer than a model so if you step away to normal distance a lot of that nice detail would disappear.

• 1 month later...