Italeri 1/24 Land Rover

Hi all, I bought this Italeri kit on a whim a while ago, it's the fire truck version but I built it without all the fire stuff. 

20211127104031-1c9208c5-me.jpg

The kit is pretty basic but the overall shape is very good and it definitely looks like a Land Rover. 

20211128191808-6c7c6239-me.jpg

There are fit issues though, especially between the 2 body parts. 

20211128191808-37c57a8b-me.jpg

I just wanted to make this a quick build so I didn't bother too much, and that does show, especially at the rear. The build got stalled  for a bit because of it but I finished it in KUTA GB. My goal was a simple build with a nice colour, nothing fancy. Because of that it has all kinds of flaws but it does look quite nice in the cabinet. The thing I am pleased  about though, is the colour I managed to mix. Anyway, have a look. 

20220123171123-7ccbf8c6-me.jpg

20220123171112-14aff008-me.jpg

20220123171122-c429bbc5-me.jpg

20220123171120-8de47b1f-me.jpg

20220123171119-c66b4bb1-me.jpg

20220123171119-f10f5396-me.jpg

20220123171121-25f2977e-me.jpg

Thanks for watching!

• Like 39

Hi Jeroen, 

Very nice work - this looks great! and you nailed the color.   Sounds like the Italeri kit is pretty good -  I just ordered one of their Toyota FJ44s, also in 1/24....hope it looks as nice as this!

Cheers

Nick 

• Thanks 1

Very nice. Congratulations on getting some sort of decent fit between the top section and the body, that can be tricky with this kit. Having built both, I prefer this kit to the Revell Land Rover. Your mix is a lovely colour and it has just the right amount of shine.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Natter said:

Very nice. Congratulations on getting some sort of decent fit between the top section and the body, that can be tricky with this kit. Having built both, I prefer this kit to the Revell Land Rover. Your mix is a lovely colour and it has just the right amount of shine.

Thanks! I have the Revell kit as well, I'll build it at some point I'm sure. I haven't put the bodies next to eachother yet, I'm actually curious to see the difference. Italeri have captured the look very well, pity that that top section is just too long. I did fiddle with it some and the extra strips I put in helped as well but there's still an overhang at the back. 

7 hours ago, JeroenS said:

I'll build it at some point I'm sure

If you do get around to duilding the Revell kit please be aware that the instructions for the interior are incorrect, and the suspension sits way too high. The instruction errors are noted on the second page of this Topic:

You followed my WiP for the Revell kit as well, which has a couple of side by side photos of the Italeri Land Rover I had completed previously, and the Revell kit I was building; including what I did to correct the ride height. There's a link in there to workable 1/24 springs too if you really want to go to town...

The Revell kit is quite nice, but the errors from Revell are deeply disappointing.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Natter said:

You followed my WiP for the Revell kit as well, which has a couple of side by side photos of the Italeri Land Rover I had completed previously, and the Revell kit I was building; including what I did to correct the ride height. There's a link in there to workable 1/24 springs too if you really want to go to town...

Right, I do remember the main issue you had concerned the ride height, thanks for getting the info in once place which should make it easy to look up later on. I will certainly do something about the ride height, probably make the leaf springs myself which I've done on a couple of truck builds. I had a look at the Revell body which is 2 mm less wide than the Italeri body but otherwise pretty much the same. I'd say the Revell moulding is a little "flat" in some spaces. I can understand your comment on the accuracy of the Revell kit, I mean if you're going to do a new tooling, do it properly. There are other less well known companies who make far better products in terms of moulding and accuracy aren't there. Speaking for myself, it doesn't really bother me, as long as it looks like a Land Rover I'm fine with it, but if you'd like to build a model of a real life example you'll have to do plenty of work. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marco F. said:

but tell me how you kept this Landy so clean...🤔

But Marco, of course I wash it every day!

Thanks!

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

That does look good, and even moreso for a quick build which is not something you are now now known for, as you usually go all out with a conversion. I have the Revell kit underway but as ever it has been attacked with my trusty saw, more on this story later.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mbdesignart said:

I have the Revell kit underway but as ever it has been attacked with my trusty saw, more on this story later.

I'd like to see that for sure 🙂 

I know what I'd like to do with that particular kit but it will have to wait!