HMS Resolution 1/500 "R" Class Battleship

Well calling this one done a very old kit from the sixties it is older than me but with the addition of Atlantic models excellent PE and a few scratch built small bits it has given the old girl a new lease of life.

The kit is boxed as Royal Sovereign but Peter Halls PE allows you to build as any of the class for reference I used the RA Burt books of Battleships from 1900 to 1945

I went for Resolution because it was built on the River Tyne at the Palmers yard in Jarrow one of my goals is the build as many Tyne built ships as I can.

All paints used are colourcoats a light oil wash for some weathering I was aiming for the ship in her 1939 configuration at the outbreak of WW2 may not be 100% but near enough for me.

WIP

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235098127-hms-resolution-r-class-battleship/

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Another fine miniature to add to your  growing collection :clap2:

Begs the question what's next ??

Stay safe

Kev

Cheers Kev as you know I have a couple of stalled builds so will get on with one of them when I can get some time probably HMS York.

Going to busy over the next few weeks helping my son with some work on his new house so time for models will be a bit sparse for a while.

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 1

Hi Beefy, this is a great job of an R class, the detail does make a difference to the base kit. I really like the effect you've got on the deck, with the lighter bit forw and more stained as you head aft. I'd love to add a ship of this class to my stash, but I don't deviate from the 1:350, so i may be waiting a while 😃

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MRMRL said:

Hi Beefy, this is a great job of an R class, the detail does make a difference to the base kit. I really like the effect you've got on the deck, with the lighter bit forw and more stained as you head aft. I'd love to add a ship of this class to my stash, but I don't deviate from the 1:350, so i may be waiting a while 😃

Cheers @MRMRL yes a strange scale but an old kit and they did strange things back in the day I normally stick to 1/350 scale better for my eye's this one was a challenge with the smaller bits that is why it took me so long only working on it in small periods to save on the optivesor time.

Stay Safe

beefy

23 hours ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

That's a smashing job you've done on this veteran kit. Very well done indeed. It's definitely an under-modelled class of quite an attractive ship.

23 hours ago, Courageous said:

Great result there Beefy, especially when the scale is outside your comfort zone. A job well done.

Stuart

23 hours ago, stevehnz said:

That has come out wonderfully well Beefy, a really lovely job on the old dear. :)

Steve.

6 hours ago, Adm Lord De Univers said:

Really nice end product Mr Beefy, as Jamie has said an undermodelled and undervalued class, so glad to see this. Rigging looks especially fantastic.

David

3 hours ago, robgizlu said:

Great Build, sea base and background - Love that Ensign!!!

Top notch presentation

Rob

Gent's thanks for your very kind comments and to all of the likes it is appreciated you taking the time to look in.

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 3

On 1/25/2022 at 9:24 AM, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Beefy, that's a great model of the ship. She has a Vice-Admiral on board I see? You've rekindled my desire to build one of the class too. Very well done. Regards, Jeff.

Thank you Jeff and well spotted I had no flags with the kit so used up some from the spares using the smallest I could find the admirals flag was from my KGV unused spares looks about right I thought.  :wink:

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 1