Academy Warrior.

LeeM

Hi 

Thought I would take the plunge and show what I have just completed on my return to modelling. It fought  me all the way. So I have decided to call it quits and show it warts and all.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

All comments god and bad welcomed.

Regards Lee

• Like 23

42 minutes ago, Lazy Modeller said:

I liked! Its very nice build. Maybe...just maybe the weathering of the bolts are to dark and a dust light coat could been better? I just say it because theyre a lot of them. But the result is appealing. :clap:

Cheers

LM

Hi LM

Thenks for your comments. Yes I think your right about the black wash. Tried to tone it down with a dusting but couldn't  get it to sit properly.  So I must try harder on the next model.

Edited by LeeM
  • Like 1

Just now, LeeM said:

Hi LM

Yes I think your right about the black wash. Tried to tone it down with a dusting but couldn't  get it to sit properly.  So I must try harder on net model.

No worries its still good enough. The problem there is that there are many rivets. Maybe some light dust or pigment around some. Anyway was just what I feeeled about...maybe its just me... :rofl:

Cheers

LM

• Thanks 1

Hi LeeM.

It is a nice model back to the hobby, as the other colleagues have commented, for my taste too, the wash of the rivets is a little too dark, which makes the vehicle appear darker, and less dusty.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

That's a smashing build. Well done.

If the dark wash is bothering you can't you remove it with a brush dampened in thinner?

Hi Bertie Psmith.

Thank you for your comments.

Re the wash I have already sealed it with a matt varnish. So I will have to remember not to use black next time.

Edited by LeeM

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Hi Bertie Psmith.

Thank you for your comments.

Re the wash I have already sealed it with a matt varnish. So I will have to remember not to use black next time.

Ah, I see. 

I never use black paint on models. I think it always looks too black. I believe that the model on the desk is like the tank a hundred yards away and at that distance black things are always a shade of grey.

• Like 1

I like it, maybe a bit dark but good looking. If I could make a suggestion, then a crew figure of some sort to give a sense of scale & size? And maybe some personal kit on it or hanging off it? Accurate Armour do some nice stuff.

2 hours ago, phildagreek said:

I like it, maybe a bit dark but good looking. If I could make a suggestion, then a crew figure of some sort to give a sense of scale & size? And maybe some personal kit on it or hanging off it? Accurate Armour do some nice stuff.

Hi Phil

Yes I would like to have a crewman with it but my face painting is dreadful. If I revisit when my skills improve I may put one in the turret. Also have some AA bergans and helmets.

• Like 1