PK-87 Panzer IV L/70 - FINISHED

My third entry will be the Panzer Jaeger IV L/70 aka Jagdpanzer IV. I've never built this one previously so I'm looking forward to a totally new and exciting Matchbox experience! 

spacer.png

• Like 8

An excellent choice Ian and a kit we've not had nominated before. The box and bit look really lovely so we will all look forward to watching you weave your magic whilst whipping this together. 

Cheers, welcome aboard and best of luck.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

My third build gets underway. I wasn't happy with the ancient tracks in the original Matchbox version so I've decided to lay that one down in the kit cellar and use this Revell re-pop for the build itself. As well as better tracks the decals are useable too.

As you can see it's ready for final assembly and painting. I've drilled out the exhausts and gun barrel but beyond that it's OOB, although I may extend the base a bit as I did with the Jagdpanther.  

spacer.png 

spacer.png

• Like 4

A nice quick start Ian, the Revell parts still look pretty crisp and it's good to know that the later boxing tracks are much better to what Matchbox originally provided. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

Quick update - the little Jagdpanzer has been undercoated and some plastic card added to the base so it can be extended. Matchbox were a bit miserly with this diorama and I don't want all the moulded detail to be obscured by the vehicle itself.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

Blimey.... blink and you'll miss it. Honestly Ian, I've got a sizable aircraft stash to get through, however at this rate you are making me seriously consider acquiring the complete set of Matchbox armour. I do hope you add a few more of these kits before this big show is out. Cheers and lovely work mate.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After some varnish, a pin wash and a spot of light weathering, the Jagdpanzer is finished. The kit decals were mostly out of register so I scrounged the tac numbers from the spares. On reflection I wish I'd opened up the hatches and added a figure or two, but too late now.  Matchbox have moulded some nice details onto the base including what appears to be a Panther wheel. They also provide an infantry figure but he seems a bit too early war for this scene, so I'm going to leave him off.  As you can see I extended the base slightly and added a bit more timber. All in all a fun little build and my first time doing this kit.  

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

All the best,

Ian

• Like 7

• IanC changed the title to PK-87 Panzer IV L/70 - FINISHED

Another armoured stunner there Ian, you really have set a high bar with these Matchbox AFV builds they are all of very high quality. When time permits, please take a group photo of all your completed Matchbox kits, they will look great together. 
Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1