Eternals

IanHx

Oh dear, it's finally happened.

Marvel have let off a bit of a stinker.

Haven't been overly impressed with any of the MCU Phase 4 films so far,

but this one easily the worst by a country mile.

Disjointed, time-jumpy, over-long, over-blown. Not even the star power of Angelina Jolie or "Jon Snow" paper over the cracks.

And despite all its attempts to appeal to as broad a spectrum as possible, still casts the bad guy as a Brit.....

36 minutes ago, Beermonster1958 said:

Take it as a compliment.

I do! 😊. Brits make very good villains!

A pair of memorably chilling performances from the late James Mason (Mr Straker in Salem 's Lot) and Anthony Hopkins (Hannibal Lecter?) spring to mind!

John

One of my favourites from a British actor playing a villain was the late Alan Rickman in Die Hard.

• Like 5

Watched it last week - not nearly as bad as some people would have you believe. Not an amazing film, granted, but kept me fairly entertained for its run-time. Preferred it to the pile of utter dogs-eggs that was Iron Man III. That was HORRIBLE.

Chris.  

20 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

Watched it last week - not nearly as bad as some people would have you believe. Not an amazing film, granted, but kept me fairly entertained for its run-time. Preferred it to the pile of utter dogs-eggs that was Iron Man III. That was HORRIBLE.

Chris.  

Alright, I may have been a tad harsh.

I think ultimately I was expecting something as good as Avengers Assemble / The Winter Soldier, and this just... wasn't even close.

Give me Tony Stark / Steve Rogers over 12 dull PC robots any day.....

Edited by IanHx