CASA Heinkel which blue?

munnst

Glad you asked this question. Don't know the answer myself, but I'm planning on building John "Jeff" Hawke's CASA 352 which I remember having the same blue underside colour despite the repaint in Luftwaffe markings. 

I seem to remember Buchons supposedly  being painted to match the commander's Porsche.. Google Porsche Blue and you will find that that appears different under differing illuminations. Google Peugeot Blue and you will find that it has varied over time and also  depends on illumination. Choose one you like and defy anybody to prove you are wrong.

• Like 2

I know absolutely nothing about CASA Heinkels but the blue looks similar to Halfords Gadget Blue which I used on the underside of this A319

You will find Gadget Blue shelved separately from the car paints along with Racking Grey and their other workshop paints.

Dave G

Hi all.....not an expert by any mean, but here arey my Two cents.

First thing to note: the colours used on that museum restoration are wrong. 

That colour scheme, known as "Inmaculada Concepción", was common during the early sixties. It was used on CASA352, CASA2111 and Ha1112L. Fuselage was painted aluminium enamel, and undesurfaces were in light blue.

For the light blue, Humbrol 89 is an almost exact match.

By the way....the "Peugeot Blue" colour Legend behind the earlier "Buchones" Paint, is just that, a Legend. 

That dark blue was actually a Hispano Aviación Factory applied colour, used on other aircraft such as the HA100 Triana or some prototypes. It resembled the colour of Comandante Comas' own Peugeot 203, but It wasn't an automotive Paint at all 

BEST regards from Tenerife!!

Edited by Artie
  • Like 9

Please note that the paints used by the spanish Ejército del Aire back then, were supplied by a company named Titanlux. They were enamel paints, but the hues varied a lot depending on the painting process at maintenance level. 

• Like 2

On 1/31/2022 at 2:35 AM, Artie said:

Please note that the paints used by the spanish Ejército del Aire back then, were supplied by a company named Titanlux. They were enamel paints, but the hues varied a lot depending on the painting process at maintenance level. 

Titanlux is still being manufactured...

TITANLUX

Perhaps they keep records?

3 hours ago, VH-USB said:

Titanlux is still being manufactured...

TITANLUX

Perhaps they keep records?

If they didn't take It very seriously about colours back then, on the real planes, why doing It today with scale models?

You could find a different array of shades within a line of planes. As previously said, maintenance depots didn't care much about It!

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
On 24/01/2022 at 14:19, Orso said:

37lans_12.JPG

If I was going to built that one, I would use Gunze H25 Sky Blue (I think it's called Mr Color Aqueous these days). I used it on the tail and wing tips of my Lansen

I like this colour. To my eyes looks about right. I'll use this.

Thanks for the replies. It's taken me a while to respond.

I'm going to go with Mr Color Aqueous Sky Blue.

Any suggestions for the silver? Not rattle cans as I don't use them.

Was thinking Vallejo Model Air Aluminium?

40 minutes ago, Hook said:

I have both of those paints but never used them. I'll give them a try. Thanks.

• Like 1

On 01/02/2022 at 12:37, Archer_VC10 said:

The Buchon in the Cuatro Vientos museum appears to use a slightly different shade of blue. I only have this shot online right now. I can look for other photos if needed.

51720305588_8483373189_c.jpg

Buchons by Jelle Hieminga, on Flickr

I've also seen this blue on CASA Heinkel's so I'm inclined to believe this is the correct colour. However I like the museum example and will stick with the bright blue cos I like it 🙂

• Like 1