F-35A 395th LN decals

Shaun

Are there any plans for any decal makers to produce 1/48th decals for Meng F-35A kit to cover the 495th Lakenheath unit.

It was intersting this week to notice these jets lack the light gray RAM strips so will be easier to paint..

Shaun.

Honestly don't know about the decals, but all recent F-35 deliveries don't have light coloured RAM panels. The bad news is they are a different reflectivity to the main paint so still involves a bunch of masking!

It does have a lovely sheen to the main colours and now they have been though the low flying areas in Wales there are some great topside and well lit underside photographs on the Web. I would not be that concerned with contrasting sheen, its not that obvous on the real jet.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ive added a LN F-35A option to the three new 1:72 Xtradecal Sheets covering the F-35 Family. I've achieved around 95% coverage of all squadrons from foreign to USN USMC and USAF. As for 48th you'll have to ask hannants whether they'll get me to upscale them. :)

Jon

Edited by Jon Freeman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2022 at 6:03 PM, Lord Riot said:

Does anyone know if there are any decal companies with 48th FW F-35 decals in 1/48 scale in the pipeline for this year?

Hannants have the Furball decals F-35 pt4 back in stock

• Like 1