Rso /01 das werk

Hewy

I built this das werk (ex dragon) raupenshlepper rso over christmas with the intention of trying out a worn out winter effect paint job ,  i learnt a bit using it ,but it's  turned out a bit dark with the washes, maybe next time I'll  brighten it up more before hand,

I made the tarp  from sculpting resin, it had seen better days and was difficult to form, and the stowage from bits and bobs ,the magic tracks were a dream to assemble, a nice old kit, if a little on the small side,

Cheers all

Glynn

J2j4e54.jpeg

yXvLDdU.jpeg

Nedm9V6.jpeg

wmjmymb.jpeg

SewhCN6.jpeg

• Like 34

Love it! One of my all time faves. I made the original 1970's Tomy boxing a few years back. Almost limitless opportunities for the cargo area from field kitchen to ambulance and everything in between.

Great work on the finish too - looks great.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ModelMonkey said:

Almost limitless opportunities for the cargo area from field kitchen to ambulance and everything in between.

Thanks ,

Originally i was toying with the idea of  die glocke on the back partially covered  ( theory is it stood 4 meters high and 2 meters wide) so that wouldnt fit but it is something i want to do , maybe on the back of a us  gmc 352 truck though

20 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Lovely job Glynn. It looks as though it's gone through at least one Russian winter.

John.

Cheers john , those russian winters were harsh apparently 😁

• Like 1

I really like this, the paintwork is tremendous. 

Particularly like how you've worn the whitewash away, you can actually get a sense of the layers. Really like the tarp over the stowage too.

Looks cold, grubby and well used!

Brilliant 

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

On 23/01/2022 at 21:55, Bertie Psmith said:

That's a little gem. It looks a hundred years old. Amazing.

On 26/01/2022 at 08:23, Jasper dog said:

I really like this, the paintwork is tremendous. 

Particularly like how you've worn the whitewash away, you can actually get a sense of the layers. Really like the tarp over the stowage too.

Looks cold, grubby and well used!

Brilliant 

Darryl 

Thanks  fellas , bertie , basically a paint mule that got finished,

Darryl i think i did 4 layers in total before complete boredom set in, 

• Haha 1

I have to agree with the previous comments Glynn, a really nice job all round.

I have to be honest, your self critique of too dark etc. isn't the case IMHO. I feel that Axis vehicles, especially in the East were well worn and considerably grimy, dirty and filthy was the reality......a consequence of nothing to replace it very often, so make a mend was the name of the game. I don't really think you can over do winter camo' and dirt filters really.

Nice job.....:yes:

Regards

Simon.

3 hours ago, Redcoat2966 said:

I have to agree with the previous comments Glynn, a really nice job all round.

I have to be honest, your self critique of too dark etc. isn't the case IMHO. I feel that Axis vehicles, especially in the East were well worn and considerably grimy, dirty and filthy was the reality......a consequence of nothing to replace it very often, so make a mend was the name of the game. I don't really think you can over do winter camo' and dirt filters really.

Nice job.....:yes:

Regards

Simon.

Thanks simon , your comments are much appreciated

On 30/01/2022 at 13:07, robgizlu said:

Great job Glyn

Rob

Ta , rob, glad you like it

On 30/01/2022 at 13:04, fpmeyer said:

Nice classic in winter camouflage.

Best,

Fábio.