Max Headroom

That's nothing.... I read in Nappy-Wearers' Monthly the other day that the Royal Navy will soon be equipped with state-of-the-art sharpened-sticks and small, pointy gravel, just in case potential enemies come within ten feet of their vessels.    

I am going to lie down in my back-garden, now and talk to the lurking-in-the-grass-people....

Chris. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

Army Air Corps

Also on the BBC News, and they're never wrong are they...

Squawks - or the screaming *****hawks. Did you know that Army Air Corps is an anagram of 'sorry, I am cr@p'? Check it, it's true.

(Ex REME Aviation - ergo I hate Squawks on principle: though to be fair some of them were, and are, really good blokes.)

• Haha 6

None of the print or indeed broadcast media are very good when it comes to who does what and with what. At the beginning of Desert Storm the ITN reporter was telling us about the US bombers taking off from some base in Saudi Arabia as he was speaking. The 'bombers' taking off were KC135s. 

Most news stuff these days, apart from politics is done on a shoestring compared to the resources available even twenty years ago. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mr T said:

Most news stuff these days, apart from politics is done on a shoestring compared to the resources available even twenty years ago. 

Most of everything's done on a shoestring these days,seen some of the latest so called dramas,wouldn't scare a teddy bear...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beermonster1958 said:

Probably because so much time is spent editing them to ensure they comply with current "woke" and, PC agendas there's nothing left....!

John

I've got the 1977 Dracula the BBC did with Louis Jourdan on dvd and it truly is fantastic and stays very close to the Bram Stoker novel,it's a shame they or anyone else can't do anything like this anymore...

• Like 1

I've just posted a clip on the classic clips thread where Harker struggles with his luggage,drags it up to the door and Louis Jourdan picks it up with no effert whatsoever,he is the perfect Dracula,,There's an episode from Columbo called Muder Under Glass and talk about sinister...

I love the book Bram Stoker was a genius the way it was written,no i haven't read any Lovecraft or M.R James but i'll keep ann eye out...

Edit: Don't you just love BM when a thread starts about heli's and ends up with Dracula...

Edited by Vince1159