Various RAF types.

Some more of my past models. \All 1/72nd. Featuring Airfix Gnat T.1( new tool), JP T.5 Sword kit and decals, Magna Riley Dove but a bit of 'what might have been' going on with this one.  

1wQ9W7.jpg

The serial number I chose for this was never allocated but came among a batch of regular Devons. So I used it here  for this as a one of chosen by the RAF as a station commanders hack. Or whatever story you might like.
oy4jA2.jpg

All the decals came form my generic decals bits and pieces.
rprcS7.jpg

AMLZBX.jpg

AbodHy.jpg

28Bcz9.jpg

ztAViw.jpg

NsGfSd.jpg

SP4q2R.jpg

DvAL6X.jpg

4tVJCS.jpg

XSpPKW.jpg

bZFOIh.jpg

L4PZh3.jpg

The JP and Gnat will be among my next batch of model disposals. I might replace them with better builds if I can source another Sword JP or Airfix one of the same type. The Gnat I have another in my stash.

• Like 16

Just a pointer about the Dove, in case it was not known,  is there actually were some modified by Riley AIrcraft in the US and UK with flat 6 Lycomings or R-R Continentals(?) and the distinctive swept fin. but used by civilian companies. Fairflight of Biggin Hill being one who also used standard Doves and Herons. I went for a whif scheme as I could not find anything else suitable or anyone ,at the time I built the model, to do decals for me from the schemes supplied in the kit. So an RAF VIP one seemed a good bet.