Glad to have bought Tamiyas latest new 1/12 Motorcyle gem at last, but ... :(

One 48

Talking about their Tamiya 14139 Team Suzuki Ecstar GSX-RR20 Kit 1:12 Model Bike that is surely about to raise the bar the way their previous Bike kits have ... oh boy, so enjoy building and collecting these, but OH ...

This time the mandatory brass Front Fork and bit of etch side by side release costs a LOT, LOT more than they used to do, almost same price as the kit I bought today, Kit is due for delivery from a UK Ebay retailer for under £40 next week, super excited.

I think I'll build her without that extra Tamiya brass fork kit this time, sure those extra's are nice to work with, but when built, really cant be noticed ... I mean, any friend visitor but me viewing the built Bike would not know the difference.

And its a big price difference too this time, paid £38 ish for the bike kit delivered and just slightly less for the fork kit if i chose to do so ... makes no sense to me, also, and no offence to Aircraft A/M aficionado's, leaning more and more to OOB kit builds of all types now.

Damn, this new Tamiya Suzuki Moto-GP bike looks a great kit though :) 👍

• Like 1

It was love at first sight for me. Gorgeous looking bike and livery. The kit being state of the art I will not bother with the extra expense of metal forks. Seems far too much extra expense for something I enjoy painting anyway. 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stef N. said:

Gorgeous looking bike

Stef's gone mad... 😄 I agree with you about the fork sets, though. They are a bit overpriced and not really worth using, as long as you can paint well; unless any particular bike has an unusual colour which can't be replicated. I bought the set for a Honda (RC213?) because of its colour, but they are now sagging a little out of alignment. Bit miffed. Will have to work out how to fix that. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ade H said:

Stef's gone mad... 😄 I agree with you about the fork sets, though. They are a bit overpriced and not really worth using, as long as you can paint well; unless any particular bike has an unusual colour which can't be replicated. I bought the set for a Honda (RC213?) because of its colour, but they are now sagging a little out of alignment. Bit miffed. Will have to work out how to fix that. 🤔

Drop of superglue in kits headstock might fix it?

No, it's where the plastic parts slot into the poly caps. They were not a very snug fit to begin with and it seems that time hasn't been kind. I think I'll try to make shims from plastic tube.

• Like 1