RIP. Meatloaf

John_W

I can remember Terry Pratchett on Desert Island Discs chose Bat Out Of Hell and one of his discs.  He said the first time he heard it he was driving along the motorway.  By the time the song ended, he said, he was considerably further along the motorway with no very clear idea of how he'd got there.  I think that sums up pretty well the effect the first hearing of the record could have.

RIP Meatloaf.

• Like 6

I must admit I thought he'd already passed on, so this came as a surprise but also sorrow, his stuff was pretty awesome, both in content & delivery. Driving tours in the 80s, & 40-50 young Kiwis & Aussies doing Paradise by the Dash Board Lights, perfectly. It was fantastic. RIp Meatloaf.

Steve.

RIP Big Man, saw him live once and he had a broken leg, he sure suffered some injury's in his lifetime, this was at Knebworth when Deep Purple MK II re-united, 1985 I think it was?

What a soldier.

Good actor too.

RIP Meat, that's what you liked to be called, you embraced the name, good for you big guy.

Man was one hell of a performer.....I worked at one of his shows in the UK (sadly the rest of the tour was cancelled) at the end of the nineties and it was really, really good fun, especially 'Flying The Bat':D

Truly an amazing showman.  :coolio:

:angel:

• Like 3

Oddly for some reason I was put off listening to his music by the famous album cover. Then one day I was made to listen to it through and I was ensnared. The combination of his voice and Jim Steinmans lyrics were and are sensational. 

I managed to see him in concert in Edinburgh and was enthralled by the performance. 

Sadly another great passed. I’m pretty sure though he won’t be finding himself a bat out of hell but up at the pearly gates instead

Thanks for the music Meat

• Like 1

Sad news for sure. I recall he appeared in a TV game show featuring certain members of the Royal Family.  And calls for him to complete the course by shouting "Come on Meaty!"

I fail to remember the show.

6 minutes ago, Paul J said:

Sad news for sure. I recall he appeared in a TV game show featuring certain members of the Royal Family.  And calls for him to complete the course by shouting "Come on Meaty!"

I fail to remember the show.

It's a Royal knockout.

Sadly, yet another one passes, a sure that we are getting older when the bands/artists we used to watch as teenagers start ending up in the obituary columns.

I remember buying Bat out of Hell when it came out, an amazing album, so different to the other music around.

RIP sir.

Simon.

• Like 1

This time last week some of us were mourning the passing of Burke Shelly, this Fridays it's Meat.

Not particually my genre of rock, but you couldn't beat getting in from the boozer on a Friday night, sticking the cans on and making your ears ring to Bat or Paradice by the Dashboard...good times.

Had a lot of biker friends and BooH was their anthem.

RIP 

• Like 1