New modeler and uploading photos.

Waynybob

spacer.pngHi all. Still trying to learn the trade and I thought I would upload some photos. But didn't know how to do it. So I've gone to village photos and had a go. Now in the meantime I've look at some works of art on here and thought " I'm not going to embarras myself by uploading  my stuff".

So here is a nice photo of my dog instead.

Thanks. 

I hope the upload works.😅

Edited by Waynybob
  • Like 1

No dog!

When using Village.Photos, use the Secure Image URL option.

22140c1b-e216-4d64-817c-28c8e93ba802.JPG

Now, I'm using a desktop PC, so I don't know how V.P works when using a hand-held device.

Chris

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dogsbody said:

No dog!

When using Village.Photos, use the Secure Image URL option.

22140c1b-e216-4d64-817c-28c8e93ba802.JPG

Now, I'm using a desktop PC, so I don't know how V.P works when using a hand-held device.

Chris

Fantastic job, I love how the fur looks so realistic - what method did you use to get that effect and what paints did you use 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

First and foremost, it doesn't matter one jot with regards to your standard of modelling. You can post your photos here without any fear of being ridiculed. In fact, the opposite. There are many on here who are more than willing to offer advice.

Second. With regards to Village Photos, I've written "An Idiots's Guide" to using VP. It's in FAQ and can be found here;

HTHs.

John.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Waynybob said:

Now in the meantime I've look at some works of art on here and thought " I'm not going to embarras myself by uploading  my stuff".

You don't need to be worried about embarrassing yourself by posting photos of your work; we all started with zero experience, after all.  I hadn't built a kit in thirty years when I joined BM, and you could tell.  However, my efforts were met with nothing but support and kindness, with forum users going out of their way to offer me tips or explain techniques to me.  I like to think that I've come on a bit, and if that's true then it's thanks to the membership of BM and their patience and guidance.

Nobody will be unkind about your work - we're all learning all of the time.

Cheers,

JRK

• Like 2