Eurocopter EC135

Hello, colleagues!

The Eurocopter EC135 (after the rebranding of Airbus Helicopters H135) is a medium multipurpose helicopter developed by the Eurocopter concern in the 1990s. Widely used in law enforcement and civil structures around the world, the helicopter is one of the most popular products of Airbus Helicopters.
A set from Revell, as for me, the quality is not bad. The whole impression of it spoils the glazing. It is terrible in quality and absolutely does not fit the size of its niches. The windshield had to be sawed, additional strips of transparent plastic inserted, then sanded and polished. It was going to be like a "sparkle" with small liberties, like "riveted" strips of aluminum tape.
Painted as usual Valejio and Mr.Hobby, quite a bit stained with art oil. At the end, a few photos from the construction site.

Enjoy your viewing.
 Sincerely, Mikhailspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 30

Really nice job. Love to see helicopters on here, feels like they are a bit under represented. I have some of these in the stash and the canopy really is awful, so that will be a good test of my modelling skills when the time comes!

What technique did you use to finish the glazing? I’ve had a go at one canopy and I just can’t quite remove the last bit of haziness.

Edited by Aetheris Avidi
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Aetheris Avidi said:

Действительно хорошая работа. Люблю видеть здесь вертолеты, кажется, что они немного недопредставлены. У меня есть некоторые из них в тайнике, и купол действительно ужасен, так что это будет хорошей проверкой моих навыков моделирования, когда придет время!

Какую технику вы использовали для отделки остекления? Я попробовал один купол, и я просто не могу полностью удалить последний кусочек тумана.

Good afternoon. After grinding with sandpaper, polishing with a cotton swab inserted into the collet of the drill. Toothpaste and water. Then I apply a highly diluted glossy varnish with an airbrush. It is not always true that this coating is friendly with masking tape, minor traces may remain. Sincerely, Mikhailspacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 10 months later...