Saying hi

Ekire

Just like a number of others, saying hi and returning to the hobby.  My focus is on some select armour kits.

Look forward to the knowledge and experience of others.

One initial question - i didnt see a rule about posting topics from another different and independent forum but wanted to ask first - is that allowed?

Thanks.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ekire said:

Just like a number of others, saying hi and returning to the hobby.  My focus is on some select armour kits.

Look forward to the knowledge and experience of others.

One initial question - i didnt see a rule about posting topics from another different and independent forum but wanted to ask first - is that allowed?

Thanks.

Hello Ekire … :post1: from across the pond in the city of Chicago. Im mostly an military aircraft builder myself. As for your question Im going to ask @Mike or @Julien as they're the moderators and can answer this for you. 

Dennis

14 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Ekire … :post1: from across the pond in the city of Chicago. Im mostly an military aircraft builder myself. As for your question Im going to ask @Mike or @Julien as they're the moderators and can answer this for you. 

Dennis

Dont forget Greg

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Julien said:

Dont forget Greg

Who? :hmmm: 

Hi @Ekire and :welcome: to the forum.

In answer to your question, we prefer people to post their work directly here, rather than link off to other forums, as it's a bit of a filch otherwise.  If you spot something interesting or in answer to someone's question on another forum that's fine... Up to a point.  We've had a few people in the past that have eventually exposed themselves as being here purely to "pimp" underhandedly for another forum, and we've had to deal with them appropriately, as I'd warrant that they wouldn't show us the same courtesy if we had the time to go and spam our threads on their forum.  We get on fine with most forums as our hobby is supposed to be fun, but as with everything in life there are a few that remove the urine, or are just plain nasty.  Those few aren't welcome here. :)

If you've not found it already, we have a dedicated Armour section of the forum where you'll find a lot of great modellers and knowledgeable folks that are happy to share their info with their fellow modellers.  Whatever you do though, don't go into the other genre sub-forums, as you're bound to end up widening your interests and costing yourself a blinkin' fortune!  Ask me how this aircraft modeller got into armour, and now cars! :o

• Thanks 1

Pardon my poor wording - not so much linking or taking from another forum, but rather asking a Q about another forum with some potential people here being members there.  Sounds like i should be good.

-Edits- Disregard, i figured it all out.

Thanks.

Edited by Ekire
Solved my issue

Hi Ekire,

If you're interested in armour then there's both a M3/M4 and also armoured cars / half tracks group build scheduled for later in the year, plus probably a heap of other ones you could do an armour build in (Matchbox, Big and British, Falklands, Japanese, Revell Classics, Canadian, Prototypes). Current 2022 calendar here: 

Word of warning on the group builds - they can be addictive, I was planning on weaning myself off them somewhat this year but it's not going to plan!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Ekire. Welcome along. Hope you enjoy your time on here. There are lots of people that will give you plenty of good honest advice with the amount of experience some of the guys have. Ive only been here 4 months and its helped me a lot in what I done. Good luck with your armour kit builds and enjoy what you do.