A collection of F-104 Starfighters.

Whats not to like about the F-104. Here are pics of my collection  in 1/72nd All are Hasegawa kits. THe three RCAF ones wearing Leading Edge decals and the Italian '-104S is dressed in decals by Cutting Edge of long ago. I used to have another four but have sold them all and one of these is next for disposal.

vcqtG2.jpg
CmfOEF.jpg
1zGFfT.jpg
7lex0p.jpg
DWh8vA.jpg
1hdtPF.jpg
J9KPx6.jpg
M4ZCUf.jpg
nv9hnD.jpg
9ezqWq.jpg
bFV7us.jpg
l1wLXp.jpg
MNVByD.jpg
6O7eOv.jpg

y2eL0L.jpg

XAMAn2.jpg

05RRpa.jpg

LhiH8q.jpg

oFuM5X.jpg

Next few are of the Italian F-104S Tiger scheme
ZFwnAy.jpg

OS16h6.jpg

qV9KKG.jpg

pnYL0j.jpg

b0jZNn.jpg

• Like 33

I would say you have a slight fondness for F-104's! They are all very nice- that's an outstanding collection! How in the world do you keep your focus doing so many of the same type from  the same kit maker?

Mike

1 hour ago, 72modeler said:

I would say you have a slight fondness for F-104's! They are all very nice- that's an outstanding collection! How in the world do you keep your focus doing so many of the same type from  the same kit maker?

Mike

Thanks . They got built at different times with other builds in between.   I found that the Hasegawa kits to be the better of kits available  at the time. The ESCI ones a close favourite 

15 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Me too, the red bird is a fantastic looker. It reminds me of The Red Baron F-104.

Steve.

As an aside, I was attending Navy Nuclear Power School in Idaho Falls, Idaho when the Red Baron Starfighter was flying (the Red Baron Flying Service was based out of Idaho Falls). Naturally, this is a plane I want to build someday.

51834600915_f4d43a792f_b.jpg

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, billn53 said:

As an aside, I was attending Navy Nuclear Power School in Idaho Falls, Idaho when the Red Baron Starfighter was flying (the Red Baron Flying Service was based out of Idaho Falls). Naturally, this is a plane I want to build someday.

51834600915_f4d43a792f_b.jpg

Somewhere in  my decal archives I've got the decals and diagrams for the 1/72 Hasegawa kit for the Red Baron 104.