SCRATCH BUILDING THE INTERIOR OF A 1:72 SCALE AIRFIX SPITFIRE MK1A

Fozzy

2 minutes ago, perdu said:

Eastbourne wins, so do we because Fozzy will now be available for desperate detailing dashes in the night when our scratchbuilds fall apart, no doubt.

The Spitfire looks as damned wonderful as I expected, with a damaged compressor mind you!

Welcome home mate.

👍

Cheers Bill....and yes really looking to being back home after all these years!...as for the mad dashes in the night!..ha ha!!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Morning all!

I have finally made the move to UK and more importantly fixed up a modelling area in my flat!.....more important than getting a bed! It is definitely not as good as my workshop that I had in Bulgaria but it does the trick!......here is now my work table in the corner of the room!.....

297741137_1467724987002486_6821187635595

As you can imagine I have been busy with the move as I haven't lived in UK for the past 15 years so its been a tough transition but modelling has made it easier because as soon as I sorted out my table and modelling gear I was well away!

So much so that I have managed to finish this Spitfire project! There was slight damage to the fuselage when I opened the packed box in my suitcase but nothing too drastic!

I had to scratch build the sliding part of the canopy as the kit part snapped in two when I tried to cut it away from the front screen!......not quite the bulbous canopy I wanted but 70% happy with the end result!

After I placed the under carriage on and stretched the fishing wire for the antenna lines I called it the project finished!

Here then is the completed 1:72 scale cutaway model Spitfire Mk1a.....

finished_(1).jpg

finished_(2).jpg

finished_(3).jpg

finished_(4).jpg

finished_(5).jpg

finished_(6).jpg

finished_(7).jpg

finished_(8).jpg

finished_(9).jpg

finished_(10).jpg

finished_(11).jpg

finished_(12).jpg

finished_(13).jpg

Thanks to all that have followed this little project and I hope that my brother would have liked the end result!

I'm not sure what I am going to have a go at building next....but I am limited as I am still waiting for my air compressor and a few more odds and ends to arrive in a van from Bulgaria.....so until then....happy modelling to all!

Cheers for looking in!

Fozzy

• Like 10

Jaw-dropping model, Fozzy! :gobsmacked: I'm sure your brother would have liked it a lot!

Fingers crossed for the stuff you're still waiting from Bulgaria, can't wait to see what your next project will be! 🤞

Ciao 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spookytooth said:

Awesome work Fozzy, as per norm.

Glad you are safely ensconced in your new residence.

Stay safe mate.

Simon.

Cheers Simon!

• Like 1