Hello!

dm3lions

Hi all, just dropped in to introduce myself.

Like many I was a modeller (a bad one) in my youth and have just come back to the hobby. The modern production standards are crazy compared to what I saw in the 90s.

So far I have done a Challenger 2 from Tamiya which was a delight to put together and now nearing completion of a Tamiya mk1 Spitfire.

Next up is the HK Lancaster in 1/48. This is perhaps a little ambitious for my third build back but nothing ventured, nothing gained! Please anyone suggest any aftermarket metal guns for this one as I can't seem to find any?

The forum looks great and I look forward to seeing some of you at my first model fair at the Tank Museum in the UK a little later on this year too.

Take care, happy modelling. 

Cheers

• Like 2

:welcome: 
It’s often worth looking on the Hannants website, for what you are going to build, as if they sell your kit, they often show what extras are available for it.

Jon

• Like 1

Hi there, it sounds like we might be in roughly the same age bracket, I came back to the hobby a few years ago and had the same experience with the uptick in kit quality. I build a bit of everything, but ships are my main interest. Back when I was modelling as a kid, the set of Tamiya 1/350 ships was the holy grail my parents would never stump out for (to be fair, I could never be bothered to paint them back then so I can't blame them for that). Now these kits are the most basic of the 100+ plastic ship kits in that scale, before photo etch sets even come into the mix.

Hope you enjoy the forums, I only joined recently myself, but it's been a very positive experience so far

Matt 😃

• Like 1

Hi, I am a bit of a newbie on this site and Iam just getting back into modelling after a long tea break (40 years). There is plenty advice on here and nice people to help you out if you are stuck. Have fun and happy modelling. Oh and welcome along.

• Like 1