PK-103 Bristol Beaufighter 1/72

Great to have you join us @Rafwaffe and we will gladly accept another PK-103 Beaufighter build on her. We look forward to you making a start, however work comes first so we will see you after your deployment ends (sounds interesting?). 

Cheers. welcome aboard and best off luck.. Dave 

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2022 at 7:47 PM, JOCKNEY said:

Hi @Rafwaffe

I do hope you made it home safely.

Have you had a chance to make a start on your Beaufighter yet  ?

Cheers Pat

I’m home safe and I’ve finally been able to dig the box out and now my hobby area is set up I’ll be able to get building. Progress Pics to follow in the next few days!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh noes! A race to the finish with mine!

I haven't posted for a while, life has become a bit chaotic as I'm having a new bathroom put in (3 weeks and counting 😡) so I'm stuck waiting for the dust to settle (literally) before I can do any painting.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 5:09 AM, Ned said:

Oh noes! A race to the finish with mine!

I haven't posted for a while, life has become a bit chaotic as I'm having a new bathroom put in (3 weeks and counting 😡) so I'm stuck waiting for the dust to settle (literally) before I can do any painting.

Haha no fear of that, My progress is glacial in between work and family. 

I'm pleased as punch that there's another Beaufighter in the Group build...
Last night My 3 year old was very enthused about model aeroplanes and paints and 'assisted' me to sand some seams and get the engines on (with some help he even go them on the right way around and got them to stay on)... Hopefully photos of progress to follow tonight in between toddler wrangling. 

Very pleased I have to say that he has decided (this week anyway) that he likes aeroplanes with propellers...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Rafwaffe said:

Haha no fear of that, My progress is glacial in between work and family. 

I'm pleased as punch that there's another Beaufighter in the Group build...
Last night My 3 year old was very enthused about model aeroplanes and paints and 'assisted' me to sand some seams and get the engines on (with some help he even go them on the right way around and got them to stay on)... Hopefully photos of progress to follow tonight in between toddler wrangling. 

Very pleased I have to say that he has decided (this week anyway) that he likes aeroplanes with propellers...

Enjoy it while it lasts. I look at my fifteen year old son, with lovely small dextrous hands and perfect eyesight, and just wonder how well he could make things if he wanted. Instead he just rolls his eyes and calls me a spod. I blame the mother!

• Haha 2

I could tell the story of my youngest twins aged 18 months a Sopwith Camel, a full tin of enamel paint and needing to use half a gallon of petrol to recover the situation...

But someone might report me to social services  :phew:

So we will just keep that between ourselves then OK? :wink:

Cheers Pat

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Ned said:

spod

Thanks for that new word Ned. It's likely to be very useful to me. 😀

12 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

my youngest twins

Do you have other twins too? And still have time and sanity for modelmaking???

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Do you have other twins too? And still have time and sanity for modelmaking???

Hi Bertie

Yes Mrs Jockney and I have 2 sets of twins, we had 4 under 4 for a while !

What can I say satellite TV wasn't available at the time :blush:

Cheers Pat 

• Haha 4

So did I. Limited my choice of markings a bit but sticking with the sky and dark grey scheme for the memories and because well I like the two colour scheme…

Beaufighter

First layers down. One or two more to go. Not being too too worried about seams as I’m just enjoying to matchbox trenches and remembering summer days 20 years ago on the back verandah getting to grips with this kit the first time I made one.

• Like 7

A little more work tonight getting the first layers of EDSG down before an enforced pause for a week and bit visiting family. I don’t think I’d get away with packing my kit and paints…

Beaufighter (matchbox) 1/72

Beaufighter (matchbox)

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

And she’s done. Just finishing her as an anonymous Beau using some spare decals (not game to tempt Fate with the ancient kit decals!) Its been fun to get one done finally and reconnect with the nostalgia of building one of the kits I have fond memories of from childhood. Stickinh it all together with tube glue and painting with humbrol pot paints over a lazy Summer weekend (the roundel I stuck on the wall on a whim gave me much amusement when it was still there 15 years later when we were packing the place up after it was sold). Thank you for letting me be a part of this. It’s been a blast!

Matchbox Beaufighter 1/72

Edited by Rafwaffe
Typo
  • Like 5