Vampire F1

Britman

I have just taken delivery of some 3D printed Vampire booms and tail plane to enable a 48th scale F1 Vampire from the Airfix kit. Created by Ben { wellsprop}they are really very nice being my first experience of 3D.

DSCF7952

DSCF7953

All cleaned up and ready for assembly.

DSCF7953

oops!

DSCF7953

!!

DSCF7953

I`ll get my coat.

DSCF7954

Extra lead added beneath the seat, a must.

DSCF7954

DSCF7954

DSCF7954

DSCF7959

DSCF7959

DSCF7959

DSCF7959

DSCF7959

I give up!!!

Keith.

Edited by Britman
  • Like 8

That is phase one , as with my first build of this model I packed the nose cowling with lead chippings held in place with microclear.

The lead under the floor is an addition this time so should be bomb proof! The new booms although solid are not appreciably heavier than the kit ones .

Keith

Incredible what can be done with 3D printing, it seems like magic to an old git like me, I wouldn’t know how to even begin or what you need. What substance are the booms, paper, like a normal printer, or plastic? 

In theory would it be possible to 3D print an entire 1/72 Victor B.1?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Riot said:

In theory would it be possible to 3D print an entire 1/72 Victor B.1?

I don't see why not. Kosmosur3D in Argentina has been printing 1:72 and 1:48 A-4Bs, Super Etendards and Pulquis 1 and 2. He's also printed a 1:72 Canberra and C-130.

• Like 2

Here goes! I have been trying to work out where I went wrong previously and I still unconvinced as to what it was. please bear with me.

DSCF7958

DSCF7961

At last I have realised my muddle and will hopefully proceed sensibly!

The process is going well and assembly straight forward. Holes are included in the fins and tail plane ends for locating pins t be added, a nice touch. More to come soon and thank you for your patience.

Keith

• Like 5

12 hours ago, wellsprop said:

Looking forward to seeing this progress :)

So am I, and it is. More to follow. I have come across one tiny issue in that the attachment lug on the starboard boom has a slight kink in it which translates to an outward kick on the fin. I had not noticed this until later and in my efforts to straighten it to the vertical... It snapped. But all was not lost, it fixed the problem and with a little smear of filler all was well. I only know about the lug issue when delivering my friends set to him an going over my build with him. Examination of the starboard boom seemed to give the clue as to my issue.

Keith

• Like 1