1/72nd AMX from Italeri

Wez

Missed the PUR parts in the parts layout.  I'm sure of the exhaust but the other part I agree is the fan face of the engine.  Looking forward to this one as I only have 1 TA-4J kit and I'd like at least 4 more depending on the price.  Got some really great Aggressor decals! 

5 hours ago, Grayhawk said:

Missed the PUR parts in the parts layout.  I'm sure of the exhaust but the other part I agree is the fan face of the engine.  Looking forward to this one as I only have 1 TA-4J kit and I'd like at least 4 more depending on the price.  Got some really great Aggressor decals! 

Wrong topic ?

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2022 at 9:33 PM, CT7567 said:

Note the Italeri version in their RF-104G update to the venerable ESCI Starfighter tooling is a later version, with the enlarged forward section/downward angle of the bottom keel similar to this:

http://web.tiscali.it/aviacolor/72904.html

The standard version as produced by DACO has a constant cross-section central section. Not sure if the AMX used/uses both versions or not, I knoe the standard type was used on F-16s by the Netherlands and Belgium.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/daco-products-dcc7205-orpheus-recce-pod-dutch-and-italian-f-104g-dutch-and-belgian-f-16a--100715

The version with the larger forward section is the one used by the Italian air force, so the correct one for both their F-104G and the AMX.

• 3 months later...

No chances from my point of view.

If they didn't do it when it was heavily used (Kossovo air campaign) no chance now that it is on its way out

On 5/24/2022 at 8:27 AM, Thomas V. said:

Kit is in Italeri's catalogue( does not mean much as such) so sometime in the future its going to be released, if someone does not beat them to it.

The rerelease of the 1/48 Bell 206B JetRanger was promised in the catalogue for four years running before it vanished this year, I emailed and they said "no plans". Being in there is by no means a sure way to say whether it'll come out.

• Sad 3

AMX is supposed to be new tooling, B 206 was result of bad research thinking one can easily transform ESCI's tooling into B.III, parts were even tooled before they prudently decided to pull the plug.

Aside from B206 and Jaguar I cannot remember that eventually ( after years ) they did not release what they announced.

Far bigger problem is that Italeri sits on numerous toolings without re-releasing them for ages, then finding themsevles surprised when the subject is done by other brands.

23 minutes ago, Thomas V. said:

Aside from B206 and Jaguar I cannot remember that eventually ( after years ) they did not release what they announced.

1/48 Merlin HM.1 helicopter lingered on their future release lists and catalogues over a decade ago before disappearing.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Robertone139 said:

1/72 HH-101 CeSAR, was never released.

Yes I am waiting for that one too.

They have most of the tools,  just a new nose and some antennas,  how many years in the catalogue now?

3 hours ago, Paolo6691 said:

Yes I am waiting for that one too.

They have most of the tools,  just a new nose and some antennas,  how many years in the catalogue now?

And then they will be pretty close to a Norwegian SAR Queen as well.

6951877.jpg?imageId=6951877&x=0&y=0&crop

• Like 1

Annnnyway. Attempting to steer this back to on topic territory, I hope the mold will allow both Italian and Brazilian variants, and an eventual two seat version would be most welcome as well.

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, Smudge said:

Any news/updates on the AMX?

I still have it on backorder with Hannants, so at least they are hopeful.

Italeri was present with a stand at Tornado 40 years celebration event in Ghedi (IT) and I had the chance to talk with the staff : they told me that 1/72 AMX is planned for 2023 along with 1/32 Macchi 202. They will be part of 100 years of Italian Air Force re-boxing, re-edition and brand new kits. It is expected around Christmas a new re-box of 1:32 Tornado that will include the decals to reproduce the special color livery presented during the above mentioned event. Finger crossed!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, oldcrow said:

............ will be part of 100 years of Italian Air Force re-boxing, re-edition and brand new kits.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like good news. Looking forward to some interesting Italian subjects.

Cheers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oldcrow said:

Italeri was present with a stand at Tornado 40 years celebration event in Ghedi (IT) and I had the chance to talk with the staff : they told me that 1/72 AMX is planned for 2023 along with 1/32 Macchi 202. They will be part of 100 years of Italian Air Force re-boxing, re-edition and brand new kits. It is expected around Christmas a new re-box of 1:32 Tornado that will include the decals to reproduce the special color livery presented during the above mentioned event. Finger crossed!

Suuuure....

10 hours ago, Uncle Dick said:

Well at least the Italeri design team and factory (provided their factory is in Italy) will not be stopping work to watch the AZZURRI play at the World Cup in November! So thats one less excuse out of the way... 

It's still a World Cup, everything stops for "calcio" in Italy, or for coffee, or cappuccino, or between 13:00 and 15:30........

On 9/14/2022 at 9:42 PM, Robertone139 said:

It's still a World Cup, everything stops for "calcio" in Italy, or for coffee, or cappuccino, or between 13:00 and 15:30........

Our head-master said during an informative presentation about an Erasmus-like program that he recomands Italy (I dont remember the exact location) for thoose who like to have breakfest after 1 pm, and wanna buy shoes at 10 pm.

Edited by Borisz

1 hour ago, Borisz said:

Our head-master said during an informative presentation about an Erasmus-like program that he recomands Italy (I dont remember the exact location) for thoose who like to have breakfest after 1 pm, and wanna buy shoes at 10 pm.

Maybe I'm the wrong part of the Country but really I struggle to think what idea of Italy he may have had... sure, in tourist areas you can buy everything up to midnight but breakfast after 1 PM...  here at 6-7 PM there's plenty of people stll in the office, not really wondering around for shoe-shopping...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...