Tamiya 1/35 Sd.Kfz 124 Wespe - Italian Front

IanC

Here's my build of Tamiya's recent re-boot of their already very good 1990s Wespe. The new kit adds link & length tracks, some extra details and four excellent crew figures. I built it from the box except for a resin and wire tow cable. Tamiya and Vallejo paints as usual, and some light weathering with oils and pastels.  

spacer.png    

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 39

Thanks for all the kind comments. Tamiya's new generation figures are certainly very nice to work on. I love their naturalistic poses, and the sharper detail in the faces and clothing helps when it comes to painting. 

• Like 3

Have to agree with everyone else, that is really nice, very natural and a great, subtle weathering job. The tracks look perfect, were these plastic tracks or Tamiya's standard rubbery things?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MRMRL said:

Have to agree with everyone else, that is really nice, very natural and a great, subtle weathering job. The tracks look perfect, were these plastic tracks or Tamiya's standard rubbery things?

Thank you. The tracks are plastic link & length. I'm actually still a fan of rubber band tracks which I think can work ok on certain vehicles, eg. Shermans, or when there's not much track visible like the Matilda. I'm afraid I'm put off by those complex multi-part individual links you get in some kits nowadays, but Tamiya have gone for the middle ground and have made it easy even for me to get a good result. Only slight problem I had was making sure I could remove them for painting.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, IanC said:

Thank you. The tracks are plastic link & length. I'm actually still a fan of rubber band tracks which I think can work ok on certain vehicles, eg. Shermans, or when there's not much track visible like the Matilda. I'm afraid I'm put off by those complex multi-part individual links you get in some kits nowadays, but Tamiya have gone for the middle ground and have made it easy even for me to get a good result. Only slight problem I had was making sure I could remove them for painting.  

Thanks, I've almost entirely built armour with the rubber band tracks so far with two exceptions; one like this with the plastic track parts and a Meng MkIV with a more complicated arrangement - which I found tough. No doubt I'll try some more in the future :) 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

...(In the last picture their poses remind me of the Four Tops!)

Well, it's 1944. Their world is crumblin' down and they feel like they can't go on...😄

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...