1/12 BT44B 1975

On 6/19/2022 at 10:10 PM, Redstaff said:

Hi Ron

Your updates are always still welcome mate. 

The engine looks absolutely superb  as is to be expected, need to have a proper read through of  the site as I've been away for a week or so, so much progression has gone on all over

Ian 😁

Many thanks for taking the time to look and comment mate...always much appreciated Ian :)

Enjoy your catching up.

Ron

16 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Oh wow that engine is fantastic, a masterpiece in fact.  Great work on all, love the injectors and trumpets.   

Cracking work 

Chris

Thank you for kind words Chris...pleased your enjoying the progress on the engine and find it realistic...I am pleased with the results on the injectors and trumpets...fiddly...but worth the effort.

Cheers

Ron

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Vesa Jussila said:

Looks really good. And there is always something to learn from you.

Many thanks 'V' :)

I am really pleased you find my work helpful...it's nice that we can all take something away from the work of others...as I have done when looking at yours.

Regards

Ron

2 hours ago, silver911 said:

Thank you for kind words Chris...pleased your enjoying the progress on the engine and find it realistic...I am pleased with the results on the injectors and trumpets...fiddly...but worth the effort.

Cheers

Ron

Definitely worth it Ron , it looks stunning and all you need to do is add fuel!!!

Chris

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Definitely worth it Ron , it looks stunning and all you need to do is add fuel!!!

Chris

Nice of you to say that Chris...always appreciate your input :)

Fuel will have to wait for prices to drop! 🤣

Ron

Edited by silver911
added text
  • Haha 1

I'm seriously lagging behind in following this master piece of work, I have quite some catching up to do.

On the other hand that means I have much ahead to enjoy...

I take my hat off and bow to salute the skills and patience displayed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bengalensis said:

I'm seriously lagging behind in following this master piece of work, I have quite some catching up to do.

On the other hand that means I have much ahead to enjoy...

I take my hat off and bow to salute the skills and patience displayed.

Thank you for such a huge compliment...it means a great deal to me :)

I hope you enjoy reading through the rest of the thread...and please...if you spot anything that needs attention...or that I have missed...feel free to nudge me.

Regards

Ron

Just a quick update on the engine/gearbox.

I made an 'executive' decision to assemble the main bulkhead to the engine now...as opposed to the kit instructions...that would have you fix it to the main body...and then assemble the engine to that.

I reasoned that...this gives me a better grip to handle things...as I assemble the rest of the bits and sub assemblies to the engine and gearbox...some of which are awkward and fragile to work with...let's hope it was the right decision 😱

Most of the added bits are obvious kit additions...a few are self made following ref pics.

There are a few more details I would have liked to add...however...due to the way Tamiya have conceived and engineered this kit...it simply was not possible without scratching most of the rear end.

I will let the pics speak for themselves.....

IMG-7730.jpgIMG-7731.jpgIMG-7733.jpgIMG-7734.jpgIMG-7735.jpgIMG-7737.jpgIMG-7738.jpg

With some decisions regarding the next stages of assembly needing to be made...in order to avoid parts fouling each other...a lot of thought will be needed...simply to avoid mishaps and breakages!

to be continued............

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, Toftdale said:

I'm beginning to run out of ways to compliment your painting skills, but that is truly a masterpiece - thanks for the inspiration - Andy

I am lucky...in that...having worked with colour every day of my working life...and every hour of my modelling time...I was blessed with a high perceptive value for colour in my painting.

If others find my work 'inspirational'...then I have achieved far more than just building a kit for my own pleasure...and received the best possible reward for my efforts.

Many thanks Andy.

Cheers

Ron

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bengalensis said:

There is so much nice work here to draw inspiration and ideas from. Master class!

I have always enjoyed gathering ideas from the work of others...so it naturally pleases me that others find useful ideas to use in mine.

Your kind words are genuinely appreciated Jorgen.

Thank you.

Ron

• Like 3

• 4 months later...