1:72 Gloster Gladiator Mk.I/II

Look who's back, back again, Belgium's back, back in a Gloster Gladiator apparently.

Following my love of the Hawker Hurricane and fully aware that the Hurricane is basically a Gladiator without the top wing, decided that this should be my next kit to butch.

Not only did this kit inspire me to order putty, which didn't get used and instead I carefully manipulated paint into the crevasses like a married couple seeking to keep the spark alive, thought I didn't do too bad on this. I will admit that I gave up on trying to figure out how to rig it and by that, I mean I ordered a kit from WW1 to trial rigging on.

This was brush painted with Tamiya paints because like the above married couple, I too enjoy pain. Wasn't too bad but definitely some colour match issues. Oh well. At least the robot who is piloting it won't know which is probably a good thing based on how hard he hit that port-side gear. Don't fly a Tesla plane any time soon, folks, we know what'll happen.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 16

Manipulating paint into crevasses failed to keep my marriage alive, I'm sad to say. 

Nice scheme, but you really need to fix that undercarriage! 🤔

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, IanC said:

Manipulating paint into crevasses failed to keep my marriage alive, I'm sad to say. 

Nice scheme, but you really need to fix that undercarriage! 🤔

The German Cat Spy Dave is highly suspected to have weakened it's structural integrity, leaving the poor pilot looking like an android with no colour whatsoever to his face upon landing.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HisNibs204 said:

The German Cat Spy Dave is highly suspected to have weakened it's structural integrity, leaving the poor pilot looking like an android with no colour whatsoever to his face upon landing.

Ha ha! I am reminded of this, a less than perfect landing, during my flight training many years ago:

50796742866_5c66d80494_b.jpg

11 hours ago, HisNibs204 said:

and fully aware that the Hurricane is basically a Gladiator without the top wing

I believe you've confused it with the Fury - a Gladiator without the top wing is the F.5/34:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloster_F.5/34

300px-15_Gloster_F.5-34_Fighter_Bristol_

Don't be too hard on the cat- these things happen!

bob