Myasishchev 3MS Soviet Bomber Mikro-Mir 1/144 - finished :)

exdraken

That must be a very pleasant surprise. When I was building the Kitty Hawk Super Cobra I was dreading the canopy attachment after the rest of the build but surprisingly they at least got that right and it all fell into place without any (major) issues! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, exdraken said:

thanks!

the fuselage seams seem ok in the meantime!

my main concern was actually the fit of the canopy part

85IMHj7.jpg

but:  I am very pleasantly surprised!

0tqKvlx.jpg

there are paint masks included which I will put on first, then glue it on!

stay tuned!

My advice is to WAIT ! I did that once and the glue crept up under the mask and fogged the clear parts. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

thanks @ mods :thumbsup:  for moving this to the Aircraft WIP section! not much sense in keeping this in the GB section I guess! 

Fully steam ahead now I hope!

what leads me staight away to the parts that kept me postponing earlier :D

canopy....

F1Pay7Z.jpg

XzxSMIw.jpg

port side is largely good

starboard passable,..... some filiing (the fogging fortunately occured way behind the transparent parts..... at least for now! :))

cDFSZ9S.jpg

6YvEFh4.jpg

and thend canopy masking!

those vinyl masks are an absolute must (are they? maybe paper ones would be easier, because actually visible!")... but gosh, how to apply them? they are tiny, hard to see anyways and difficult to remove from the carrier parts.... :(

:wall:

pE3Dhe5.jpg

I guess you can all clearly see that, and how carefully I placed the missing masks already, no? :devil: and yes, on the sheet, and in all kinds of lighting, the individual parts are as easy to make out as in this photo.....

so I guess those masks will either save the model, or ruin it..... (actually me doing the ruining part.... ;) )

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

not too much advance here, still the cockpit area seems done

nzttjoa.jpg

BU2W86m.jpg

fQRhf07.jpg

meaning all windows are glued, blended in and masked :)

in case you wonder were on the vinyl sheet the individual tiny masks are located, here you have some refererence

jn78RDP.jpg

the instructions unfortunately do not provide that info, and are really hard to make out!

• Like 3

progress! :) 

at least i call it progress ;) 

fOCfXnx.jpg

vertial tail is on, fit was.... needed some stretched spure filler :)

the tail gunners eonclosement though weint in nicely, that is always a great releave.. short run kits and transparent parts not always go well... this kit a pleaseat surprise :thumbsup:

F3eofIj.jpg

sits on part of its legs....

with most stuff mounted,... some pe fences and long antennae are next... 

took a short flight in nice autumn weather: here some impressions:

XoHSyDG.jpg

EYp2YMp.jpg

7i7TQGu.jpg

IvI9bI8.jpg

dmOeq2R.jpg

such a great and classic shape!

mBSYGc9.jpg

back then.... ;) 

• Like 6

• exdraken changed the title to Myasishchev 3MS Soviet Bomber Mikro-Mir 1/144 - update 15Oct
  • 2 weeks later...

PE fences (very nice, and great fit!) ar on

jMkcl4Z.jpg

and some pre shading, depth creating, base color, whatever!

VhLCEyG.jpg

Gn1bqXu.jpg

and I started actual painting!

my favourite color of all of them.... white.... ;)

0qrKQrB.jpg

PS: Any suggestions for the upper color grey? Instructions suggest Light Sea Grey... 

Thanks!

• Like 7

• exdraken changed the title to Myasishchev 3MS Soviet Bomber Mikro-Mir 1/144 - paintshop Oct23
  • 3 weeks later...
  • exdraken changed the title to Myasishchev 3MS Soviet Bomber Mikro-Mir 1/144 - paintshop2 Nov13

the very reduced set of markings is on, as is the in-flight refueling probe

getting color :)

6iZrhbq.jpg

ccIorCw.jpg

xrKcfCf.jpg

I was thinking about replacing the stars with generic ones from Begemot, but then in the end those here performed well :)  🇺🇦

• Like 7

• exdraken changed the title to Myasishchev 3MS Soviet Bomber Mikro-Mir 1/144 - decals Nov17

-Hi Werner

-1/144 is far from being my favourite scale, even if in this range there are lot of very interesting subject never to be found in smaller scale number kits. I don't even think to imagine the size of this one in 72, worse, in 48

This M3 is certainly one of the most spectacular and you have rendered it justice, by your work on it and the result..

• Like 1

• exdraken changed the title to Myasishchev 3MS Soviet Bomber Mikro-Mir 1/144 - finished :)
On 11/21/2022 at 9:55 AM, IPMS19 said:

-1/144 is far from being my favourite scale, even if in this range there are lot of very interesting subject never to be found in smaller scale number kits. I don't even think to imagine the size of this one in 72, worse, in 48

This M3 is certainly one of the most spectacular and you have rendered it justice, by your work on it and the result..

thanks, yes indeed, but you get basically 1/48 scales sized models

finished!

Yp5tkhW.jpg

bKeDFqD.jpg

RFI:

• Like 5